Author Topic: VGA issue: I can't See!!  (Read 1441 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
VGA issue: I can't See!!
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »
So I'm setting up this old netbook for the kid to play with in his room. The screen is busted, so it is hooked to his Emerson LCD TVby VGA cable.

When you turn it on the TV will spit a "Resolution Mismatch: Change Device Resolution". This was easily fixed by hitting "FN + LCD/MON" which is the hotkey to swap between the monitory and the VGA. You would hit this twice and boom, display on the TV would auto adjust and you're in business.

So I used this trick and got a fresh copy of XP installed (Linux before) on it and hit enter to reboot. Well it has been a while and I forgot on a fresh copy of XP function keys almost never work.....shit.

So now I can't see a damn thing after the BIOS finish. The video swap doesn't work. The TV does not allow me to auto adjust when it has the mismatch on the screen (which seems like the most important time).

Any ideas? I can't seem to remember the XP GUI well enough to "keyboard" my way through it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: VGA issue: I can't See!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
F8 Menu -> Enable VGA Mode.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?