Author Topic: IBM laptop battery blinking  (Read 2195 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
IBM laptop battery blinking
« on: June 18, 2007, 11:12:12 AM »
Ok, so a little background first:

I was working in the airport on my latop and I had it plugged in.  I had several things open at the time and I just closed the lid because I wanted to work on the plane.  I got on the plane and decided to watch the movie they were playing first.  When I pulled my laptop out again, it wasn't hibernating and no matter what I did, it would not turn back on.  I got home, plugged it in the next morning and it booted up to an error message along the lines of "security error: something has been tampered with".  So I brought it back into work and dropped it in the docking station and it booted fine.

I'm currently typing on it now and it reports a 100% charge, yet the goddamn battery light is blinking.  Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?  Is my battery fried possibly?

Sidenote: the latop is a IBM Z60m Thinkpad.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:15:20 AM by ober »

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: IBM laptop battery blinking
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:29:49 AM »
Nevermind... did some more testing... battery is completely shot.  Already working on a replacement.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: IBM laptop battery blinking
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 09:59:45 PM »
laptop battery light blinking = dead batt. i know u know that now, but its the diagnostic standard on almost all laptops so might help others to know that
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?