Author Topic: Finally a decision on my receiver  (Read 2221 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Finally a decision on my receiver
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:37:31 PM »
Well I think I've narrowed down my choices on receivers for my living room TV setup. The biggest factor was the audio delay ability of the devices and it seems that Yamaha is the only one with the range I need. So I think I'm either going to go with the RX-V463 or the slightly cheaper RX-V363. I won't be using the HDMI features as I'll be using the TV as my switcher. So it's more going to function as a stereo receiver. I'm leaning towards the 463 since I think it's a slightly better unit, but I'd probably be OK just going with the 363 too since I won't be using most of the features. It more just so I have a remote control for the volume and a digital delay that will go up to 120ms.
Since the Yamaha has a range up to 160ms and 1ms increments I think it's going to fit the bill nicely. Maybe not the best quality, but I'll save that for when I setup the theater in the basement.
This signature intentionally left blank.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Finally a decision on my receiver
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:36:16 AM »
Got it yesterday and hooked it all up. Everything seems to work fine. It's good to know that Yamaha keeps consistent with the pro/home audio stuff too, just like my AW16G, the thing isn't the most user friendly out of the box. I hate having to read the manual to figure things out.
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Finally a decision on my receiver
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:56:48 AM »
I have a Yamaha and I freakin love it.  Not sure what the model is though.