Author Topic: PVD part deux  (Read 10704 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
PVD part deux
« on: April 17, 2005, 08:32:40 PM »
The concert was fucking insane! Best "electronica-type" show I've seen in the states thus far. We got to the place at 10:30, got a few drinks, and went into the main stage. We caught an hour of the warm-up DJ. Don't know his name, but he was decent - the only thing I didn't like was he kept the crows in anticipation too long (i.e. long periods without any beats - I hate being teased!).

PVD came in stage right after 12, and the party really started. Holy shit was it awesome. His typo of music, really dark and heavy trance, is perfect for frustrated America. You could really feel the energy in the room. People were really into it. My buddy and I were really going crazy, until, around 2:30 when I had no more power left, after 9 hours of work before hand.

The Video Dj  was really good too - lighting was unbelievable. The venue overall was great too - basically a theater without any seats - really dark.

Couple other observations: a guy about 5 meters away from me puked around 12 - ew; I must look like a drug dealer, because I was asked for ecstasy 5 times and 3 times if I was rolling; why do people need enhancements to have fun? I had two drinks at the beginning of the night (I was the driver) and I was having a fucking awesome time being completely sober; more then half the crowd was rolling on e; I saw a guy shoot up right in front of me - twice.... I'm not sure how these fools got the drugs in, since the security check was pretty thorough - they even broke one of my cigarettes to see if it wasn't laced....

I usually leave everything at the car, except cash and ID, so my only memorabilia are the tix:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 08:41:14 PM by axon »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.