Author Topic: Blackberry Curve  (Read 13041 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Blackberry Curve
« on: November 16, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »
I'm going to try and talk my company into paying for the data fees, but what do you guys think of the Curve?  I'm looking at the 8330.

I'd be on Verizon.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Blackberry Curve
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 11:42:19 PM »
I use my 8310 literally at least 10 hours a day and fucking love it. I won't be upgrading for quite sometime.

Make sure you upgrade it to 4.5
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 08:09:28 PM »
I'm assuming that's the firmware or something?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 12:48:59 AM »
Each carrier ships each bb model with a specific version of the os running on it. The os's are often restrictive.

For example att ships 8310 (curve) with 4.2 which does not have the new browser or allow video. You simply download 4.5 and viola you have a ton of new features.

And os is carrier independent it has nothing to do with the service
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 06:19:07 AM »
I don't know why Rim doesn't just ship out their new phones with the new OS.

As for the Curve - I've heard nothing but praise for most (if not all) of BlackBerry's.  I have a Pearl and I love it.

This Friday, I'll get my Storm - wonder if it'll have 4.5 or 4.2. . .
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 06:30:08 AM »
Sounds like the Storm is the way to go.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 06:43:47 AM »
A lot of debate on that right now.

I think there is a lot of push-back from hardcore blackberry business users who have some reservations about the Storm.

But, since I use my BB for personal use - I don't have to be that picky.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 06:47:20 AM »
Also, don't know how familiar you are with BBs Obe's - but here are a couple of things you should be aware of:

If you want to have access to your work emails - you'll have to get the BB Plan with BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Service).  Usually more money when compared to the BIS side but not by much.

This will also require a commitment from your company since they'll need to buy some software and license in order for the email to pushed to your BB - and depending on how many users they are going to or do have, it can get pricey.

Now if you company already uses BES - then forget what I said and remind them that their company would not exist without your being their on a routine basis.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 07:03:21 AM »
Well, I don't think I need to go that route since we can basically plug into it like a normal POP3 account (or at least that's how it works in Outlook when you're not on the network).  I know others have done it at work and it's not a problem.  I guess I'll ask them what they have.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 09:08:36 AM »
I'm using a curve and like it a lot also - my only gripe with it is that I can't find a loud enough ringtone for it - everything is just to damn quiet.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »
rod, how/where do I download the new OS?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 09:09:59 AM »
There's alternatives to the bes software also. Personally I have over 20 email accounts pushing to the phone and no server.

If its a personal account you can usually get the bb plan free of charge with some talking. If its not then who really cares.

And rim would ship all their phones with the newest os but its not up to them. The carriers choose the os based on features. Most curve owners don't even know they can have video and would upgrade to the new phone to get it.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 09:34:55 AM »
axy - allow me to introduce you to the BlackBerryForums (www.blackberryforums.com)

Here is forum specifically for the Curve: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/

You'll find all the info you need to upgrade the OS to 4.5

Forgot to mention that for some reason the site has been REALLY SLOW these past couple of days.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 11:35:20 AM »
ooooohhhh - thanks DK.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 11:38:52 AM »
They are changing the backbone of the website that's why its been slow.

That is the ONLY forum I will install software from. Other sites (like crackberry) are questionable.

Sorry axon I didn't see your post before