8 (66.7%)
Opera
0 (0%)
Safari
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: which browser  (Read 7191 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
which browser
« on: June 07, 2012, 09:28:18 AM »
It has been a while since we did this. I'm curious to see if our crowd is following the recent trends. Ever since I switched from mac to win PC I have started using IE, and have been ever since. I am generally happy with it. It is fast, easy to use, and does almost everything the way I like it - fits my needs well.

The two complaints I have is that the real time spell check is not very good - actually it sucks pretty bad. I miss that from FF - I think it had an excellent spell checker. The other thing is a message  that pops up on the bottom of the window sometimes asking if I want to turn off add-on's to speed up browser performance. I have selected "never ask me again" (or some shit like that) but it does, about once a week. and it is fucking annoying.

What about you?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: which browser
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:29:26 AM »
Also, I am considering going with chrome for my main browser in the near future. But I want to see what you guys have to say.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:33:33 AM »
I use IE at work but only because I can't install a new browser.  I use FF at home but only because I've used it for forever

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:38:18 AM »
I've been using Crome exclusively for well over a year now.  FF feels slow and used to crash a lot.   IE9 is nice. I just spend most of my time on my Mac at work and don't use my windows PC very often.

cheez, what version do they "let" you use of IE at work?  Just wondering because we encounter this a lot at work - we design a pretty website with concession that don't work in older IE browsers only to find out that the client can only view the site in the older crappy IE version.

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »
Run the browser off of a USB stick :D

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »
> cheez, what version do they "let" you use of IE at work?

IE8

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 01:30:08 PM »
> cheez, what version do they "let" you use of IE at work?

IE8

Win XP?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »
Yep.  I've got software that doesn't run on 7 so I'm one of the only ones still on XP here

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 02:13:40 PM »
I still use Firefox mostly, but am slowly moving towards using Chrome more. My work browsing (JIRA and stuff) is all on Firefox, and the bulk of my forum stuff is there, too. But I now open Chrome daily, too, for my personal email, twitter feed, news reading, etc.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 02:29:56 PM »
Chrome exclusively.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
Chrome 95% of the time. I still use FF sometimes for testing or when I need another session going concurrently. Mostly I use FF for scripted testing using the iMacros plugin which doesn't seem to work yet on Chrome.
This signature intentionally left blank.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 04:31:09 PM »
Yep.  I've got software that doesn't run on 7 so I'm one of the only ones still on XP here

Prolly gonna have to work on that...

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 08:15:31 PM »
Just discovered Chrome's Developer Tools!! oh my god....awesomeness
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 07:37:19 AM »

Prolly gonna have to work on that...
It's software for GE for a product I'm not even sure they make anymore but is installed at many many power stations throughout the country.  They last "new version" they released has a known bug where it doesn't work.  At all.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
So eventually XP isn't going to be practical...then what?