Author Topic: Vista  (Read 8559 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Vista
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 01:08:14 PM »
haha. Nah i like to learn, and im not afraid to be wrong hehe. On that note, any thoughts on my earlier post?

I'm talking Vista 32-bit right now. However, my new desktop that will be done in a few weeks may get Ultimate 64bit. I recall alot of programs not working on XP 64bit, is this the same for vista or is that a past thing?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2007, 12:39:41 PM »
Hey obie, any idea how i can alter the right hand start menu? Under my icon i have "Steve", "Documents", "Pictures" etc. I want to replace the one that says "Games" with "Website Files" since i open that alot more then games, which i never use. I cant find a way anywhere
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2007, 10:15:49 AM »
Nope... I haven't found a way either... it's probably in the registry.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2007, 11:05:43 AM »
Yea thats what i was thinking and i cant find it anywhere. I even searched google but all i found was alot of crap. Things like this used to be easily found at regedit.com. But not only have they changed to a new site/owner, but they have nothing for vista even though they claim too. What a joke.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2007, 08:59:14 AM »
yeah... searching google for vista tricks hasn't turned up much for me either.  go figure.  I'm guessing the power users of the world haven't switched over to it yet and hence aren't generating the FAQ stuff.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 11:13:02 AM »
Yea this happens whenever a new one comes out though. People trash the os, refuse to give it a chance, breed misconception, then months later when they finally switch they blame their previous ill will on something or someone else and then we start to see tweaks.

I figure out alot of the XP reg hacks on my own so when i eventually figure this one ill share lol

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2007, 01:13:58 PM »
this is the one! I KNOW IT

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/97291-vista-start-menu-right-side.html

You were very close. However the built in customize option only allows you to show the "default" folders you cant use custom folders even if they appear in the "username" directory. The poster in that thread is incorrect with saying "any". But thanks for trying =]