Author Topic: iPhone 3.0  (Read 7174 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: iPhone 3.0
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 07:31:57 AM »
Why is (are?) Apple being such dicks about cut-and-paste?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 08:13:30 AM »
They said it just wasn't a high priority to impliment, but it's there now - really well implimented too...

I just picked up the Beejive chat app - it's a bit pricey but it's really well done.  I'm loving that I can link IMs to contacts etc - it even updates the contacts.  Buddie list management is pretty good, and the ability to make favorites is powerful.  Worse though, it has Push - I not have AIM, FacebookChat, and GTalk online, in my pocket, all the time...going to be interesting to see how this works....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 11:09:18 AM »
That's for unlocking... it doesn't do JB as far as I know.  I don't want to unlock.

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 01:39:27 AM »
They said it just wasn't a high priority to impliment, but it's there now - really well implimented too...

I just picked up the Beejive chat app - it's a bit pricey but it's really well done.  I'm loving that I can link IMs to contacts etc - it even updates the contacts.  Buddie list management is pretty good, and the ability to make favorites is powerful.  Worse though, it has Push - I not have AIM, FacebookChat, and GTalk online, in my pocket, all the time...going to be interesting to see how this works....

How's the battery life with your chat on all the time? Also, iPhone/iPod Touch still can't do real background tasks, right? So would you have to keep that app in front all the time for it to push out notifications to you?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 07:02:04 AM »
Just ran it for the day yesterday - though I only got 1 MSG because I was away all day. It lowered battery life some but not much - I didn't use my phone yesterday so I didn't bother me a bit.

It doesn't run in the background - it ran on apples servers (or beejives?) while the program way closed and when I got a message it was pushed through to me from apple. It popped up like a text message. The program had trouble handing off my AIM login from the serverto the app when I opened the app - so I'm trying AIMs app today for that account to see if it fixes the crashes I had. Beejives still seems to work well with facebook and GTalk.

Best part though was that it let me link screen names with contacts (Pre style) and updated the contact info to include the IMs - that info was then transferee through MobileMe to my outlook database. Very cool.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]