Author Topic: World Cup 07  (Read 5920 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: World Cup 07
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 06:14:42 PM »
So I hear the SA rugby people are talking about instituting quotas

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 06:22:33 PM »
Yes, I believe they must beat England at least three times in any future tournaments.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 06:44:09 PM »
I'm glad SA won over England.  England are a bunch of chancers - have they even won a tournament since the last world cup? And they can cry foul at the ref all they like, once the final whistle is blown it's over.

Phil

• Best friends with Mr Donkey
  • Jackass III
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 10:28:26 AM »
Was going to post but have been extremely busy with house rennovations and work.

But yeah, enjoyed the match. Not 100% sure about the disputed try, though I thought it was more 'Try' than 'No Try'. Our biggest enemy what not the ref but ourselves. I thought we defended extremely well to keep a side that had averaged over 5 trys (plural?) per match leading up to the final down to zero, and then we blew it by giving away stupid penalties. Maybe the disputed try would have won it for us, maybe not, but what you can say is giving Percy Montgomery free shots at goal is a good way to ensure that you lose.

I'm glad SA won over England.  England are a bunch of chancers - have they even won a tournament since the last world cup? And they can cry foul at the ref all they like, once the final whistle is blown it's over.

Oooh...someone's still pissed over the quarter finals.  :rolleyes:

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 09:49:40 PM »
Face it, without your kid they wouldn't have been there.