Author Topic: NBA  (Read 13286 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: NBA
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »
Yeah, I don't think a Clevelander can be too mad at LeBron.

It's funny because I've been rooting for LeBron, plus I like Kawhi and I root for DeMarcus Cousins, so if either of them join James in LA then normally it would be a team I follow a little and root for to win (except against the Kings). But it's the Lakers, so even if all three of them were there together it would be really hard to be happy if they won anything.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »
Yeah, I don't think a Clevelander can be too mad at LeBron.

It's funny because I've been rooting for LeBron, plus I like Kawhi and I root for DeMarcus Cousins, so if either of them join James in LA then normally it would be a team I follow a little and root for to win (except against the Kings). But it's the Lakers, so even if all three of them were there together it would be really hard to be happy if they won anything.

Cousins went to the Warriors last night.  Which kind of blows my mind that they are really trying to build up further unless they think someone is going to bail. 

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2018, 05:46:46 PM »
My guess is that there aren't a lot of teams with cap room who wanted Cousins at a high price this year coming off the achilles injury, so the Warriors are assuming it's a one-year rental and so is Cousins. If he comes back healthy then he'll get a bigger payday next year from someone else when the salary cap takes a big jump.

For me, this is a big conundrum.. I like rooting for LeBron and Cousins, and they're on the Lakers who I hate and the Warriors who I desperately want to ignore. Go Rockets I guess.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 11:49:59 AM »
this is a very exciting off season again. I think that the biggest surprise so far is PG staying in OKC long term - that made me happy.

I wonder what will happen with Butler and Kawhi - the latter is a very interesting case.

Oh, also pretty shocked Parker went to Charlotte. But I guess he wants to get what he can before he retires.

WAtched the draft too - that Luka Doncic kid will be a monster and Dallas will be a perfect fit.

Cavaliers will be in the bottom 3 teams next season. Lue will finally have to coach and I doubt he is any good at it.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2018, 12:17:35 PM »
I was surprised PG stayed in OKC.  I don't think Melo will.

I bet Butler will stay in Minnesota but I could be wrong.  I agree Kawhi will be interesting no matter where he lands.

I didn't watch the draft and haven't watched any of the summer games.

I frankly don't know what will happen with the Cavs.  They still have Love and a few other pieces and I'm curious to see what Sexton can do.  I won't be surprised if they squeak into the playoffs again but they'll probably be out in the first round.  I certainly don't think Lue is necessarily a bad coach.  He made a lot of bold moves in the playoffs that paid off.  I think you underestimate him.  I think losing Jeff Green is a big loss.  I'm curious if anyone else will go.  There are rumors around Korver too.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
Wow on the DeMar/Kawhi trade. Holy cow. I think that Toronto will come out the loser on that deal when Kawhi leaves next year
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2018, 01:51:39 PM »
I know that deal was a rumor a while ago.  I'm surprised he didn't go to Philly.  Does Toronto even have a coach replacement yet? 

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2018, 12:58:09 AM »
I think Toronto was ready to let go of DeRozan (or Lowry) anyway since they weren't really going very far with the team they had last year. Maybe that's a bad idea with LeBron gone from the East but then again this gives them a better team with Kawhi healthy so maybe they're going all in this year and rebuild if he leaves next year.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 09:27:43 AM »
From the little basketball I watched DeRozan really carried the team. I think they should have moved Lowry instead...

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 09:37:40 AM »
From the little basketball I watched DeRozan really carried the team. I think they should have moved Lowry instead...

I bet they tried that, but it wasn't enough.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2018, 10:17:25 AM »
Toronto isn't happy: https://torontosun.com/sports/basketball/nba/toronto-raptors/derozan-was-so-much-more-than-just-the-numbers-he-put-up-for-raptors

Not to mention...
He leaves as the all-time Raptors leader in games played, points, field goals and free throws to name just a few of his firsts.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2018, 10:37:34 AM »
From everything I read, he's not happy about the move.  He intended to retire as a Raptor.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2018, 10:38:55 AM »
Toronto isn't happy: https://torontosun.com/sports/basketball/nba/toronto-raptors/derozan-was-so-much-more-than-just-the-numbers-he-put-up-for-raptors

Not to mention...
He leaves as the all-time Raptors leader in games played, points, field goals and free throws to name just a few of his firsts.

oh yeah. This is a HUUUUUGE gamble for the team. DeMar was a franchise player. People loved him there. And I think he loved being there as well. Poor guy probably thought he will play their until the end of his career.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2018, 11:47:48 AM »
the last interesting (to me) move left to make is Melo. I wonder where he will end up and how he will do next year. (and what his 2K2019 rating will be!? :rofl: )

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2018, 12:19:50 PM »

Not to mention...

oh yeah. This is a HUUUUUGE gamble for the team. DeMar was a franchise player. People loved him there. And I think he loved being there as well. Poor guy probably thought he will play their until the end of his career.

He did. According to the article he discussed that publicly, and he didn't even consider interview offers with other teams when he became a free agent. He just signed directly with the raptors.

Sports is a vicious world man, no love.