Author Topic: BF2 Patch  (Read 4002 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
BF2 Patch
« on: October 05, 2005, 08:34:25 AM »
1.03 was released last nite, and from what I've heard, it's causing TONS of problems.  People are getting promoted 5 levels, being allowed to pick 5 more upgraded weapons, and it's just turning into a killfest.

Other people are complaining about not being able to even connect, or being pushed from team to team constantly after dying.

I downloaded the patch last nite, but didn't even install it yet.  Sounds like a nightmare once again.  Why can't these things ever go smoothly?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
BF2 Patch
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:17:45 AM »
I could barely connect at all after the first patch.  When I did connect, my pings were huge.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
BF2 Patch
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 11:28:44 AM »
Ok, update after a little more research.  The fuckers have reduced the requirements to reach ranks.  The next time I play, I'll be upgraded 3 ranks and have 3 new unlocked weapons.  I thought I was special having one unlock :(

There are also some other stupid changes, so we'll see how this all shakes out.  I think they may lose several people over this.

And yes ethic... I did play the COD2 demo and I'll definately be getting it.  :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 11:36:24 AM by ober »

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
BF2 Patch
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 11:51:33 AM »
Wow...I always thought the requirements to unlock kits were way too high (seemed like it would take 200 or so hours for me to get my next rank unless I cheated somehow)

At the same time, being able to pick 3 more weapons all of a sudden seems like too much. I mean, you can always kill someone with a good weapon and steal it, right? That's why I always team kill my friend...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
BF2 Patch
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 01:58:29 PM »
Yeah, I thought they were a little extreme, but I didn't think they'd open it up like that.  A lot of my friends are at the point that they have nothing else to look forward to.  They have all the unlocks they were hoping to get, so there isn't much more reason to play the game.  I'll almost be at that point when I fire the game up again.  I almost have 8K points, which will give me all but 2 of the unlocks.  That kinda sucks.

I also don't like the new rule that only the driver of the vehicles (including helos) will get Capture points unless the other people hop out... I'd even be happy if the other person at least helped to speed up taking the flag while in the vehicle.

I really think a lot of the new changes will force people out of the air vehicles.  The advantage has been handed to the people on the ground now... which is good and bad.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
BF2 Patch
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 03:08:25 PM »
Ok, I will retract some of my former statements... the new gameplay is overall better and I think the changes were for the positive.  Granted, I won't reach another rank until I more than double my playtime (87 hours), but I think I'll still stick it out.  I still say the game kicks ass.

JaWiB

• Jackass V
BF2 Patch
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 05:00:57 PM »
Yeah I think I agree overall. I love having the new spec ops and assault weapons, anyway :D

JaWiB

• Jackass V
BF2 Patch
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 09:03:16 PM »
I was just playing BF2 and now I think my biggest gripe is that nothing on the ground can take out a helicopter. I spent almost an entire round on anti-air and took out one helicopter (I probably fired at least 50 shots) And if you do hit a helicopter once, they just fly back and get repaired automatically at a helipad. On maps without jets, helicopters are almost invincible

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
BF2 Patch
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 09:16:22 AM »
Not true at all... I've taken several down with AA (although they rarely go down in one or even two shots).

A little tip for that, BTW:  If you're using a rocket launcher to take one down (hovering above a point or something), or even using the upgraded support gun, shoot for the tail of the choppers.  They go down like a little bitch.