Author Topic: Apple Adapter  (Read 3594 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Apple Adapter
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 12:18:24 PM »
Man they keep fucking themselves.  I predict this will be a very VERY slow sales cycle for them.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »
Man they keep fucking themselves.  I predict this will be a very VERY slow sales cycle for them.

I disagree. They will offer a small discount on the new stuff for people who previously purchased the adapter and will make huge sales on accessories. The people still less than IP5 will go apple love crazy like they always do and dump a ton of money into buying the new stuff. I actually think it's smart, they do it every time. This is just like when they release the new iPhone and then offer discounts for people who bought the new version to get the same new version less a few bugs. Apple heads will empty their accounts to buy this stuff and Apple knows it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:32:59 PM »
It's bullshit though... there are millions of accessories that use the old plug... why would you fuck all of those people over and then offer an adapter that doesn't do everything it should? 

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:39:23 PM »
It's bullshit though... there are millions of accessories that use the old plug... why would you fuck all of those people over and then offer an adapter that doesn't do everything it should? 

Because they want to build the excitement, then disappoint them and offer a few bucks off or some kind of promotion to push a boost in the new stuff.

It is complete bullshit, but Apple does some version of this marketing with every release.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 01:12:45 PM »

That's what I thought, until I saw this:

Then I realized everyone really does need a new iPhone.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »
No way... Apple has been doing this to their users far longer than cell phones have been in favor.  There is a customer base that just...eats...that...shit...up.

AAnnnnd I of course have an iPod...with wired in car adapters at $200 a pop.  In BOTH cars.

Wondering why I was looking at Android stuff (Galaxy)?  That is why.

Sigh.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »
They had to do the pricey adaptor from what I understand because it's actually a converter. The 9 year old 30 pin device was anologue....they're switching to digital so there's a circuit board in there to handle the conversion....it had to happen eventually....

It sucks, but no one should be surprised...It'll hurt accessory sales short term, I don't think it'll hurt them long term....haven't decided if I'm upgrading or not....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 05:40:51 PM »
I almost certainly won't upgrade until their new maps app works with public transit....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
Screw apple. This whole lawsuit against Samsung pretty much solidifies my opinion of them.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »
Screw apple. This whole lawsuit against Samsung pretty much solidifies my opinion of them.

Yeah...I am not pleased with them right now.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »
Why are they still using that instead of using micro USB?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 08:44:19 PM »
Speculation on the loghtning adaptor on the bottom including micro usb

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 08:44:28 PM »

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »
Why are they still using that instead of using micro USB?

Because they do not want people to be able to use micro usb, they want everything only to work with/for their product.

No way... Apple has been doing this to their users far longer than cell phones have been in favor.  There is a customer base that just...eats...that...shit...up.

AAnnnnd I of course have an iPod...with wired in car adapters at $200 a pop.  In BOTH cars.

Wondering why I was looking at Android stuff (Galaxy)?  That is why.

Sigh.

My point exactly, apple heads are retarded