Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19  (Read 67499 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2020, 12:11:31 PM »
I saw a video with Fauci and, for him, he was super excited about it.  The effectiveness of it, if it proves true, is phenomenal (over 90%!!).  The benchmark was like 50%.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #316 on: November 14, 2020, 11:25:37 PM »
So we all got sick. My wife is going through it the worse.  She is at tail end now, but had a pretty nasty cough. We both lost taste and smell. Other than that I am taking it pretty well, just some fatigue and muscle pain. My daughter also had some fatigue, sore throat and cough. My son just felt weird for a day - he took it the best. I tried to get tested, but everything is filled up. Went to a drive up state ran facility today, the wait was 3 to 5 hours. Nope.

So who knows...even though my wife tested negative, we think we probably have covid - i thought it was a common cold until we both lost taste and smell today. So we've been isolating for the entire week and will until Friday. I got my first symptom Wednesday morning.

No high fever though - i think my daughter and I got to 99 a few times, but nothing higher.

My daughter vomited a few times on Tuesday.

No chest pains. No trouble breathing.

But no fun to have most of the household sick.

I don't think we were ever all sick at the same time.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #317 on: November 15, 2020, 12:43:03 AM »
Sorry, Jake. That really sucks. Hope you all recover quickly. Not great that everybody’s sick but at least you’re all going through it together.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #318 on: November 15, 2020, 12:47:30 AM »
That sucks!  Sorry to hear you guys got it.  I hope you don't get any of the lasting effects :(

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #319 on: November 15, 2020, 12:50:41 AM »
Thanks guys. We're making the most out of it and spending a lot of time together...sometimes it's fun, other times not do much :p
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2020, 09:59:37 PM »
Husband and I got our results on Saturday (both neg) but for some reason I haven't gotten notification for my son. Ughh. Hope to get a call tomorrow but daycare probably will be closed for another week and then it's Thanksgiving week, so I'm not sure they'll open until after then.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2020, 10:02:25 PM »
Jake, when did your wife get tested relative to her symptoms? Glad you guys are on the tail end and hope none of the long term effects stick around.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #322 on: November 15, 2020, 11:28:59 PM »
I told my parents that I'm bringing the girls for thanksgiving.  It'll just be the 3 of use gong to their house... but it means traveling from CT to PA.  Brenda was invited but she has decided she doesn't want to go, mostly because of covid (although, obviously she's still nervous about meeting my parents.) Honestly, I'm a little nervous about going myself, but if its just my parents and me and the girls, that'll be ok, right?  I hate to think we're making a bad call, but at the same time, how many holidays do we have left? My dad is 65 now... if we don't see them now, than what happen if we wait another year? ugh, stupid covid.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #323 on: November 15, 2020, 11:45:10 PM »
Husband and I got our results on Saturday (both neg) but for some reason I haven't gotten notification for my son. Ughh. Hope to get a call tomorrow but daycare probably will be closed for another week and then it's Thanksgiving week, so I'm not sure they'll open until after then.

Glad yours came back negative, Jen. How long did you wait for the results?

Jake, when did your wife get tested relative to her symptoms? Glad you guys are on the tail end and hope none of the long term effects stick around.

Her first symptom was Friday evening - she got a real bad case of the chills. She took the rapid test on Sunday afternoon.

Today I woke up and the loss of sense of smell is worse than yesterday. I mean, I sprayed some perfume and could not smell it at all. As the day progressed, it got a little better - I was painting the basement and only around 6 pm started smelling the paint. Sense of taste is also weak, but I can feel some things. All other symptoms are gone. My wife and daughter still have a cough. My wife also can't taste/smell. But all other symptoms are gone.

I think at this point we are giving up on a regular test and will try an antibody test in a few weeks.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2020, 01:20:35 AM »
Micah, didn’t your parents already get it? If so, then it might be fine to go.

We are not doing Thanksgiving with my side of the family this year. We were going to quarantine for two weeks and then go but with this big surge my Mom nixed the idea. We’ll probably go to my in-laws but we’ve been visiting them the whole time so they’re already pretty much in our bubble. We’ll see if it happens though because everybody’s trying to be as smart and selfless as possible now that it’s clear how bad this latest wave could be. So even things that were “very safe” before we’re rethinking.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2020, 08:05:12 AM »
Micah, didn’t your parents already get it? If so, then it might be fine to go.

A valid point.  We'll just have to make a point of like, not stopping at rest areas or doing anything else in public while were there.  Its going to be a short trip anyway because I'm bring the girls back by Friday night so they can spend the weekend with their mom.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2020, 08:57:56 AM »
The wife and I nixed the family plans for Thanksgiving.  On my side it'd be myself or my brother who'd host and neither are comfortable hosting a bunch of Trump supporting COVID deniers.  Which meant trying to do some weird distribution of food to the family members scattered throughout.  On her side her grandparents are hosting Thanksgiving but most of the people going are again Trump supporting COVID deniers.  So yeah.  I'm gonna get some stuff for us and cook up a nice dinner at home.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2020, 08:59:52 AM »
Also had one of my programmers come down with COVID and another one got exposed by a roommate but tested negative.  And they were both on the same project is a "must do" by early December.  Fun times!

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2020, 09:13:03 AM »
Glad yours came back negative, Jen. How long did you wait for the results?
I did my spit test on Wednesday and got my results on Saturday (we're testing the turnaround time for our hospital--a perk of working in a lab). Hubs and kid got swabbed Fri and results Sat (seems that one was sent to a local hospital lab).

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2020, 10:10:16 AM »
I thought we might be going to my in-laws but the governer just asked everyone to basically skip Thanksgiving.  We're loading up on food and trying to figure out how to make it fun for the kids.