Author Topic: Out for delivery  (Read 2547 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Out for delivery
« on: June 26, 2006, 10:39:06 AM »
My stuff is out for delivery today. Too bad I have the Mark Knopfler concert or I'd start playing with everything after work. What stuff am I talking about?
I got a new wireless router to server as my new main router since my other one has been acting flaky. I upgraded the firmware and did a reset but it keeps acting funny. So the old one will now become a repeater for my downstairs. I also got a PVR150 and a MediaMVP to turn my PC downstairs into a media center and so I can record TV shows and radio and stuff and play it back on my TV upstairs. A friend of mine recommended GB-PVR to do the Tivo type thing. If it all works then I just need to get an extra big hard drive.
I'll let you know how everything works once I get it all going this week.
This signature intentionally left blank.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Out for delivery
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 04:45:50 AM »
Well, I finally got around to hooking up my new toys. I've spent the last few hours trying to get everything working but I finally got it and I must say I think this is going to be great. Now I can record TV and radio shows straight to my PC and have a library on there to watch later on. It even has a webserver built in so I can schedule shows while I'm out and about, and it can stream audio too. So I have access to my music! (m3u streams)
Well, I'm off to bed. I've got a wedding to attend tomorrow.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 02:10:23 PM »
Coolness.  How much did the setup cost you?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 12:26:50 AM »
It was about $175 total. The card was around $70 and the MVP was around $100. I'm still starting to play with all the features but the quality is pretty good on the playback. Now I don't have to worry about being home to catch my Mythbusters and I can chat with my dad when he call in the middle of a show I'm watching. Cheaper than upgrading my cable.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 07:22:53 PM »
Oh nice, I'm looking at doing the same thing when I get a new machine in Jan.  Let me know what you think of it after you settle in.  I'm thinking about getting a Hayppauge Dual card with MVP...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own