Author Topic: New lappy spec review  (Read 3939 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: New lappy spec review
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 05:41:34 PM »
I've got sort of an anti-Apple thing going on. While they're nice, and I still might get a mini (or try turning my Dell into one), I'm quite happy with my Ubuntu setup. I've weaned myself off Microsoft and I just don't like how they act like Microsoft and don't play well with others. I see them becoming exactly the opposite of what they used to be. I'd be more apt to think kinder of them if they'd allow their dev tools and such on anything other than a Mac or stop intentionally screwing with the whole jailbreak thing. They seem to talk out of both sides of their mouths. I just don't think they're worth the mac tax anymore, when my boss keeps bringing his in every few weeks because it's having issues. While they're still probably the best thing to get for developers looking to cover all of their bases (and I'll be trying to convince my bosses our next laptops should be Macs) I don't need one, or at least I'm going to try to go without one. I want to see the underdog take on the man, and sadly Apple has joined the man.

Oh, and I still like my trackpoint and buttons under my spacebar, and Macs don't have them. I chalk it up to getting old and starting to get set in my ways. Kind of like how I dislike the widescreens on the laptops too, but I gave up on that years ago, and have come to accept them.
This signature intentionally left blank.