Author Topic: Streetbike Accident  (Read 1708 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Streetbike Accident
« on: September 03, 2005, 08:48:00 AM »
I dont mean to pull attention from Kermi3 at all, i just want to ask you guys to throw iin a small prayer for my family and my father while you are at it. Last night my dad wrecked his streetbike while riding to a friends. Just around a pitch dark bend some jackass parked his truck across both lanes with no lights on doing god knows what, and my dad came through the turn to find a 2-3ft gap between the trucks front end and a tree, and no other way through. At a little over 60mph and about 20ft to go he did everything he could to make it through that gap, and the snow plow brackets on the front made damn sure he couldnt. The rear end of the hayabusa clipped the truck and sent him for one wacky ride.

Long story short he has a broken tibula and fibula in his left leg, a broken shoulder, and we dont know what else yet. Hes in for emergency surgeries and what not for a few days. Hes alive and will survive, no head trauama, but hes in alot of pain and now i have to go take pictures of the bike. This is going to be one shitty month for alot of people.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ahluka

• Jackass IV
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 09:05:06 AM »
My prayers go out to your family mate.
This is one fucked up month IMO.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 09:12:58 AM »
I'm so sorry RoD.  That's horrible.  My prayers....

God this month sucks...could someone please get a really good JOTD?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 10:21:24 AM »
yea one killer joke is surely in order. Thanks guys, just killing time before my stepmom wakes up so i can make sure shes ok before i go get the bike.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

salvelinus

• Founders
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 10:37:30 AM »
Glad it doesn't sound like anything permanent. Hope your Dad comes through ok.
My son's best friend was just in a car accident, thrown from the car (wasn't wearing seatbelt), airlifted 200 miles with bruised lungs, broken bones, cracked vertabrae, but is expected to recover.
There's a lot of assholes on the road. Drive safe, it's not worth getting involved with them.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 11:24:24 AM »
Damn... that sucks RoD.  I hope your dad has a quick recovery.

It's stories like this that stop me from buying a bike (not that your dad would have probably faired much better in a car.)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 11:47:35 AM »
That's actually really lucky that your dad's okay (relatively), and I hope he recovers quickly.  Someone from my school died in a streetbike accident, and it really impacted the student body.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 12:50:40 PM »
Yea streetbikes are very easy to get hurt on, and its always due to someones stupditiy. I just got off the phone with the nurse she said they got him on the morphine drip and hes doing alot better, and the PI is meeting me at the friends house where his bike is in a little while so we can both take the pictures and all that. Having the PI take pictures makes it much more admissable in court.

As for the bike he had full coverage and just paid it off like 2 days ago. The friend drove it the 100 yards or so to his house and said it rides fine but the guages and electrical system are going haywire. It sounds like its fixable, but its not our priority yet.

So im off to go take pics and see how hes doing. I'll porbably post a link tonight or tomm with the pics of the bike.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 02:55:43 PM »
Hey, that is horrible news RoD.  I do hope your dad comes through it okay.  I am sure everything will be alright in the end, and it will make for good stories.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with you.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 04:02:40 PM »
Sorry to hear it RoD. Good luck to your Dad, and your family.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Streetbike Accident
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 07:37:52 PM »
Hes going to be ok in a few days. I got some pics of the bike but i can upload em for insurance reasons. Were going to sue his insurance for every cent we can. Its really not that bad, little TLC and she will be good as new.