Author Topic: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!  (Read 81166 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
I need to start lifting. I have been getting up every morning at 6am, running 2-3 miles, then doing 3 sets of pushups at 25 each and 2 sets of situps at 25 each
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
another milestone: got upto 225 on bench press - 8 reps :D

this has finally become a habit again; I don't like missing even one day, and if I do, I make it up on the weekend. It feels good!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
What kind of creatine are you taking?  The kind I got doesn't really have a taste, even in water

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
it's a creatine mix - there is a whole bunch of other stuff in it - and it is god awful.

THIS IS it

I tried three flavors and they are all awful after a while. Orange was the worst. Fruit punch was okay. Lime is probably the best. One thing that helps is when water is ice cold.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Just get plain creatine monohydrate from somewhere and mix it in with cold water (yeah, doing it with warmer water is a mistake you only make once, yech).  It literally doesn't taste like anything.  You won't get the energy spike you're getting from normal creatine, though - that's why I usually have a cup of coffee or diet coke an hour or so before I go to the gym

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2009, 10:56:23 PM »
My gym membership at Bally's is finally going to expire next month ($30, 3 year contract).  I haven't been in months, so what do I do on the way home from work Friday?  Sign up for Lifetime Fitness (think Globogym from Dodgeball) which is twice as expensive but at least has two locations between home and work for me to ignore

What the hell is wrong with me

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2009, 09:15:09 AM »
I am unbelivably sore today.  I can't bend my right arm all the way - my wife had to do the top button on my shirt this morning

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2009, 01:25:01 PM »
why so sore? im guessing you didnt ignore it this time huh?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2009, 06:35:26 PM »
I didn't ignore it Sunday or Monday.  Sunday was chest (bench, decline bench, dips) and yesterday was legs (leg press, squats, calf raises).  My legs are a little sore right now but my triceps are fucking killing me.  Probably the dips, which I almost never do

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »
give it two days and the legs will be sore

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2009, 08:48:58 PM »
Yeah I'm well aware of that.  Made worse by the fact that I spent all afternoon in the car today (Novi -> Wayland -> GR -> Ludington, where I am now)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2009, 09:15:41 PM »
getting up tomorrow is going to be so much fun for you.

as for me, i've sprained my ankle, and trying to get back enough strength to run around before it starts to get too cold.

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2009, 09:34:19 PM »
I'm going to watch the football and have a few beers tonight.  I don't know if I can mange it.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2009, 10:29:26 PM »
I feel your pain on the driving govt. I went from GR up to montcalm, and then had to head down to Kalamazoo and back to GR. Still in GR and back home to Sparta in a bit.

You have it worse tho, GR wayland and lud in one day sucks

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2009, 10:29:12 AM »
The worst part was starting in Novi, and I didn't even get to leave there until 12:30 or so

Update:  Still sore, not nearly as bad.  Poppin advil all day.  Walking like I have to poop really bad.