Author Topic: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!  (Read 79517 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
ran a mile and a half this morning booya

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
>I added another 1/2 mile to the 5K I do 3x a week.

Do you actually measure your distance in kilometres, and add increments in miles or does "K" stand for something else there?

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
I haven't been running in weeks...But I go climbing 2-3 times a week and hiking on the weekend (did a 15.5 mile hike with >6000ft elevation gain last weekend)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
>I added another 1/2 mile to the 5K I do 3x a week.

Do you actually measure your distance in kilometres, and add increments in miles or does "K" stand for something else there?
5 kilometers is a pretty standard distance for running, even over here.  That's what we ran when I did cross country in high school.

Subbed in for a softball game tonight and played like shit before it started pouring and they called the game off. It was nice to get some blood going though - my legs feel a lot better right now.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
I drove through Utah to get to Colorado. There was a very nice view from the McDonald's where I stopped for lunch. Wyoming sucked.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
I think I might have broked my finger last night sliding into a base.  It's swelled up twice the size of my other pinkie and I can't bend it.  At the very least it's pretty sprained

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Lance it.  Tell us how that works out for you.

:dblthumb2:

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
I just worked out for the first time in months and I can't do a proper overhand pullup anymore  :(

I just started jogging again in June - was immediately hobbled by shin splints, but I got new shoes and I'm doing 2.5-3 miles or so now.  I'm supposed to jog 2 miles with a kid in my neighborhood on Friday - he's probably going to go faster than me these days and I'm going to get to have some tasty humble pie....what is it about winter that makes us all depressed slackers...

I'm still intimidated by the gym, so I'm on the pushup plan - did 115 over the 5 sets the other day - which I was very happy with given how long it's been since I really tried.  Keep back at it Gov't  - I bet you can do 2 pull-ups next week!
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
...Do any of you guys track your running?  I do with RunKeeper and my iPhone, but I'd love to find something else cheap that includes heart monitoring...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
> what is it about winter that makes us all depressed slackers...

I'm the opposite of this - I almost always work out in the winter and then do nothing when it's warm out

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Also I can do more than 1-2 pullups - I was trying to do them last after I had already done the rest of my workout (3x6 squats, bench, curls, good mornings) and I was pretty wiped out.  I can do probably 5-6 if it's neutral grip and 3-4 overhand

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Also I can do more than 1-2 pullups - I was trying to do them last after I had already done the rest of my workout (3x6 squats, bench, curls, good mornings) and I was pretty wiped out.  I can do probably 5-6 if it's neutral grip and 3-4 overhand

Ok, dude. Whatever you say.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
I can do all of the pullups just not now because my finger hurts and my kindle got delivered today

Also I might be tired later

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »
I'm going to start using this thread again, because I feel like it.

New max front squat is 163 lbs. I think I could have gone higher, but oh well.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!
« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »
New Clean & Jerk Max: 113 lbs