Author Topic: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!  (Read 79514 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
There was a really really good article I read last week about getting a six pack.  Even though you said you don't want one, it'll be the same principles.  I'll see if I can find it.
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1526539

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
The HIIT stuff sounds like what we do in the fall for track.  Provided a lot of variety to our workouts.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Yeah, we used to do that in cross country and track.  Usually stuff like a ladder of 100 200 400 600 800 and then back down.  Sometimes we ran hills, which is what I'd like to do, but I don't know of any hills around here.

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
A real man would make a hill out of the skulls of dead men that he killed in bare-knuckle boxing. 

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
we did sled dragging with tires up hills. those kind of sucked after a while though.

wait, how can you not have any hills?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
> wait, how can you not have any hills?

Michigan :(

stealth

• Jackass V
i can't believe no one found my post even slightly funny :(

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
oh oh.  LOL, stealth, you can't use the skulls of dead men you just bare-knuckled boxed! They're too squishy!

stealth

• Jackass V
:P

stealth

• Jackass V
I did 4km in 25mins yesterday.  That's about an average of 6 and half mins per km.  I'm pretty happy with that.  It was a fucking brutal course that I picked out.  The only issue with such a short distance is hitting your stride quickly.  I struggled early on because I was running uphill to start then up two flights of stairs (it's off a parkland walkway).  I'll skip the stairs today, might try to push a further distance if my body can take it.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
I started this today.  I don't know if I'm going to be able to walk tomorrow, and I didn't even do the SLDLs :(

MONDAY - Legs
4 sets leg extension 10-15reps (keep it light, this is just to get blood in the legs)
4 sets squat 6-10 reps
3 sets leg press 10-12 reps
4 sets leg curl 10-12 reps
3 sets stiff legged deadlift or walking lunges (hamstring or quad, pick one and alternate every so often or whichever you think needs more work)

TUESDAY - Chest
4 sets incline DB or barbell bench 8-12 reps
3 sets flat DB or barbell bench 8-12 reps
3 sets DB fly or machine fly (pec deck) 12-15 reps, focus on squeezing at the top
2 sets weighted dips

WED OFF

THURSDAY - back
4 sets bodyweight pullups: up to 15 reps (add weight if 4x15 is too easy)
4 sets bent over row barbell or DB row 8-12 reps
3 sets front pulldown, wide or narrow (switch it up) 8-10 reps
3 sets cable row 6-10 reps
Behind the head pulldowns(yeah they're bad blah blah blah): 2 sets 15 reps Medium easy weight...just squeeze.

FRIDAY - shoulders/arms
3 sets DB press or front military 8-10 reps
3 sets side laterals 10-12 reps
3 sets rear lateral machine or DB 10-12 reps
6 sets shrugs behind the back for 3 sets and to the front for 3

Triceps
3 sets 10-15 rope pushdown
3 sets skullcrushers or DB extensions 6-10 reps
3 sets reversed push down (palms facing) 8-10 reps

Biceps
3 sets barbell curl or e-z curl bar 8-12 reps
3 sets preacher machine or db/barbell 8-12 reps
2 sets hammer curl db or rope 10-15 reps
wrist curls 13-20 reps 2 sets

-Do abs on Monday and Thursday

-Do calves Tuesday and Friday.

-KEEP THE REST INTERVALS SHORT. 30-60 seconds between sets, no more. This is very important as it will fatigue the hell out of your muscles AND improve your conditioning.

-Alternate squats with deadlifts every week or two weeks if you want.

-Do your cardio normally and adjust depending on whether you're bulking or cutting.
I'm dreading Arm Day already :(

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
holy crap that could kill me LOL.

I couldnt hardly move for two days this week. I went swimming at the lake thursday. I was floating around in a life jacket drinking my six pack. by the time it was gone i was a good 150-200ft from shore. longest f'n swing of my life
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
That sounds brutal. I've just been doing upper body one day, lower body the next, day off, repeat. I'll probably switch it up when I go back to school. (Especially since the racket complex I go to now doesn't have a ton of equipment)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Wow, a little focused on the arms there, innit?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
It's a bodybuilding routine, so that stands to reason.  My arms are way behind my legs anyways.  The idea isn't that I stick to this forever; it's that after doing this for 3-4 months I'll learn exactly how to listen to my body and I can do what I need to do in the gym instead of sticking to a template routine.

Also, my legs hurt this morning, but not bad.  We'll see what all day sitting down at the office does.