Author Topic: I love you, grill  (Read 10114 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: I love you, grill
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 09:15:27 AM »
Charcoal is too much work.  No doubt at all.

That said it isn't really grilling unless you are using charcoal (or something similar).

These are essentially two separate ways of cooking food where the similarities end at outdoors cooking with heat.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 07:48:44 PM »
With my new grill, I pile the charcoal in, turn the gas on for about 10 minutes, wait about 15 more, and then I start cooking.  It definitely took longer than gas but it tasted better and it wasn't very much work at all.  I don't know what y'all are talking about with "too much work"

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »
too much work == lack of patience

people who don't mind putting in the time for great food will always use coals
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 09:32:26 PM »
You have to keep buying charcoal, deal with the mess, figure out a way to manage the ashes, etc, etc.  I just swap out tanks.  And a propane tank will last me a large chunk of the summer... and that's like.. $25?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »
The charcoal goes into a little bowl and every once in awhile I just dump it into a trashbag.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »
The charcoal goes into a little bowl and every once in awhile I just dump it into a trashbag.

+1
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 07:52:14 PM »
I really want to love ribeye and I get that steak gets its flavor from the fat, but man, it seems like every time I get one at a restaurant or from a butcher (a good one, even), it's just fatty as hell.

I got some ribeyes from Sams today...they were about an inch and a quarter thick. There was some fat, but it really did not bother me. Olive oil and lemon pepper and marinade in Worcestershire for about 5 hours. 7 minutes on one side, 5 on the other - mmmmmm good. Plus bake potatoes and my wife made an awesome chopped salad. Good times.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »
i made hot dogs today and i smell so awesome i'm pretty sure i would buy a cologne that was "eau de kingsford"

makin steak this weekend :)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »
Steak turned out awesome, grilled shrimp kebabs tonight and they were good too.  Doin cod tomorrow

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »
today was a beautiful day to grill, too

incognito

• In the Abis
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 12:32:12 PM »
Yesterday was a little cloudy and there was some rain. Still i had some friends over for some bbq

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brinkmann-4-Burner-Gas-Grill-Stainless-Steel/13437088

It's gas, it heats pretty well, and the meat taste real good. Even my charcoal loving friend was impressed by the taste.

This grill is pretty cheap and it works really well.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 10:21:01 AM »
Yesterday was a little cloudy and there was some rain. Still i had some friends over for some bbq

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brinkmann-4-Burner-Gas-Grill-Stainless-Steel/13437088

It's gas, it heats pretty well, and the meat taste real good. Even my charcoal loving friend was impressed by the taste.

This grill is pretty cheap and it works really well.

My friend Jimmy has the same grill, no complaints and it does do a pretty good job.