Author Topic: Another guitar  (Read 2886 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Another guitar
« on: November 07, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »
I added another guitar to my family this weekend. Stopped by a GC on Saturday and saw they had a used Music Man Albert Lee HH all sad an lonely. I went back on Sunday to rescue it. I believe the color is powder blue (or light bluish seafoam) and the gunstock finish neck feels amazing. It has some really interesting sounds with the pickups and plays wonderful. I've been looking to put together a parts-o-caster tele but I think this one is probably going to calm that idea for a bit. I'm thinking I might drop it off at one of the shops to have them add one more pickup combination to get individual single coil sounds out of the bridge/neck and that should make it super versatile.

I'll be taking some proper pictures soon and post them up but in the meantime it's basically this guitar.

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-guitars/42026-more-torture-powder-blue-albert-lee-hh-rosewood.html
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Another guitar
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:56:58 AM »
How many do you have now?  Refresh my memory.  Do you sing?  I know you've posted some of your guitar work, but I'm curious if it's a hobby or if you're trying to actually release something someday?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »
Acoustics or electrics? Either way it's quite a few.

I only sing to myself or under very special circumstances and it's purely a hobby so you likely won't hear any official release out of me anytime soon. I keep working on tunes but can't seem to "finish" anything.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
I've just seen you start a lot of these types of threads over the years and you're obviously a collector or very into it.  I was just curious how far you were planning to go with it.

And I can't tell you how many websites I have half-written.  :(

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
The number and quality of my guitars far exceeds my skill level, but it's sort of one of my addictions. If I every did end up independently wealthy, I ditch computers for music. For now, it's more of a stress reliever.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 01:27:46 AM »
Thats a good lookin guitar

I don't have one anymore, but I would love to replace my Epiphone GS310. Affordable, good sound, holds a tune etc. For the stupid bs i play around with it was perfect.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »
The number and quality of my guitars far exceeds my skill level, but it's sort of one of my addictions. If I every did end up independently wealthy, I ditch computers for music. For now, it's more of a stress reliever.

thats a good hobby to have; guitars hold their value pretty well as far as I know. I rather collect guns though ;)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 06:21:06 PM »
Oh man. I keep seeing this guitar pop up. So pretty. :)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 07:13:39 PM »
How does it play?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 12:01:20 AM »
Plays fantastic. I'm in love with the neck. The gun stock finish feels amazing to play on; so smooth. The sounds are pretty unique as well. The pickups sound pretty good and the in between sounds with the outside and inside single coils are interesting as well. The neck pickup is very gibsonish, nice and thick. I've had a hard time wanting to play my PRS lately. It's definitely not a guitar for everyone as there are equally good guitars out there for less and it's a bit odd, but it suits me fine.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »
>I've had a hard time wanting to play my PRS lately.

I could give it a good home!