Author Topic: Death Magnetic  (Read 1981 times)

Dumah

• Jackass IV
Death Magnetic
« on: September 17, 2008, 02:36:18 PM »
It's been out almost a week now and I've been playing it constantly.

Real good album IMHO, really made up for the pretty weak output since the Black Album.

You either love em or hate em, but if you think anything of this type of music you will probably like this album...

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Death Magnetic
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:39:37 PM »
It's one of those cd's i only like part of
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 06:59:30 PM »
Downloaded it from iTunes, have only had a quick listen to some of the tracks.  Pretty decent, nothing that's standing out for me so far.  I must be one of a handful of people who admit to liking St.Anger - it had some killer tracks on it.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 08:11:34 AM »
Not my cup of tea, but apparently the mastering's shit, making it pretty much unlistenable...

Quote from: Ted Jensen
I’m certainly sympathetic to your reaction, I get to slam my head against that brick wall every day. In this case the mixes were already brick walled before they arrived at my place. Suffice it to say I would never be pushed to overdrive things as far as they are here. Believe me I’m not proud to be associated with this one, and we can only hope that some good will come from this in some form of backlash against volume above all else.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/mastering-forum/327786-death-magnetic.html

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:47:40 PM »
they havent been "Metallica" in years. Retirement is way overdue for them.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »
im changing my position. the more i listen to it i am growing to hate it. They should just stop....