Author Topic: New guitar rig  (Read 1955 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
New guitar rig
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »
So, something's wrong with my old Peavey amp (power tubes I'm thinking) so I've been looking at getting something new. I might still get the amp repaired but I have to see how much it's going to cost. It's pretty old and not easy to work on I guess. After much pondering and such, even though I was really looking at getting a Peavey C30 (tweed), I ended up getting a used Marshall 1965a 4x10 cabinet and an Orange Tiny Terror head for it. It does a really good job at the bluesy British tone I like, but that's about it (which is pretty much most of what I'm playing right now). I think I might still try and hunt for some sort of 1x12 combo (like the C30) but it might end up being a Fender Blues Junior or even something "newer" like a Bugera V22. For now I'm OK though. I wasn't looking for a big cabinet but I fell in love with the Marshall. I like the 4x10 instead of the typical 4x12 setup (a little bit smaller) and the sound was really nice with the Orange. I tried a few other combinations at the store, a Blackheart head and Blackheart 1x12 cab and a Laney 2x10 cabinet but the Marshall/Orange was the one I liked best. I also ended up picking up a Coolcat CT-1 Tremolo pedal and a Hardwire RV-7 reverb pedal to fill in the missing pieces.

I'll give more of a review after I've played with it for a bit. It's a pretty simple setup, but that's sort of what I like about it.
This signature intentionally left blank.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: New guitar rig
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 11:58:50 PM »
You can just just give me the cab/head if you get something else. Or is the search for a combo going to be just another addition? :p