Author Topic: Wolverine out April 30th  (Read 1428 times)

skaman

• Jackass I
Wolverine out April 30th
« on: April 14, 2009, 12:46:23 PM »
Cannot wait to see wolverine? I read that it was leaked on the internet and that it has already been seen by thousands. I think I will wait for it to come to the theaters :)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Wolverine out April 30th
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
I'm not a big marvel guy but one thing the previews showed was a young wolverine with claws.  I thought his mutant power was his regeneration which then allowed some fucked up agency to graft the metal onto his bones and give him the claws.

I don't know, this one isn't calling to me.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 03:05:09 PM »
I know from a reliable source that it is pretty good.

He would give it a 8/10

She might give it a 9.5/10

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »
I'm not a big marvel guy but one thing the previews showed was a young wolverine with claws.  I thought his mutant power was his regeneration which then allowed some fucked up agency to graft the metal onto his bones and give him the claws.

The Wolverine Origins series has him with bones as a child that eventually come out (after some traumatizing instances) as "claws."  I suppose the adamantium fused to those to actually give him his signature claws.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:06:06 PM »
sounds like a retcon to me :D

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »
Saw it while I was TDY in Kettering.

Bad.

Just bad.

The storyline was decent enought - but I think they spent most of their money on actors' salary and didn't have enough to do the special effects.

There were some scenes was were so obvious that they were shot in front of a green screen that the effect looked practically cartoonish.  Esp. the scene where Logan/Wolverine was in the farm house and looks at his claws - I almost yelled out "CARTOOOOOOOON" but I had a mouth full of popcorn.

If you haven't seen it, save yourself some mone and netflix-it or redbox-it.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »
I enjoyed it.  Wife too.

That said, not a theater movie.  Just a good fun rental.

I definitely would not rate it as bad.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 10:27:26 AM »
didn't have enough to do the special effects.

There were some scenes was were so obvious that they were shot in front of a green screen that the effect looked practically cartoonish.  Esp. the scene where Logan/Wolverine was in the farm house and looks at his claws - I almost yelled out "CARTOOOOOOOON" but I had a mouth full of popcorn.

Agreed.  It was really unfortunate how bad the effects were.  Still, I found it enjoyable.  Wish I had gone during the weekday so I had only spent $5 instead of $10.