Author Topic: Which Blu-ray series should I get?  (Read 1558 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Which Blu-ray series should I get?
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:25:06 PM »
Amongst my Christmas cards this year, I ended up receiving about $50.  I've been saving as much as possible lately for medical bills and baby stuff that is coming quickly but I really think that the people who gave me the money would prefer I use it to buy a gift.  As such, I've decided I want to add to my bluray collection (which otherwise consists of just the one other movie I got for Christmas)

Since the disks are pricey, I don't really want to just re-buy a movie I already have on regular-dvd and I don't want to risk buy movies I'm not sure I'll like (or at least aren't worth the bluray price)  So I've narrowed it down to either:

When We Left Earth - The NASA Missions which was an amazingly cool documentary that I would really like to own in my collection and could see myself watching several times over the course of my life

or

Band of Brothers which I've never actually scene in its entirety but from the few episodes I've watched, its just riveting - again something I'd love to have in my collection.

The latter is a bit more expensive but both are well priced and in my price range + free shipping from amazon.

thoughts?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Which Blu-ray series should I get?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:44:44 PM »
Band of Brothers ftw
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:32:08 PM »
Band of Brothers was excellent; I don't mind watching some of it whenever it's on TV. Never seen the NASA one

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 08:15:53 AM »
Band of Brothers is fantastic.  I own the series and almost always stop if I see it on TV

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »
BoB is tops.  10/10

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
ordered Band of Brothers.  Thanks guys  :thumbsup:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »
so WTF amazon?

it shows that BoB blu-ray is "IN STOCK" on the website but when I just went and checked my order status it shows an "estimated" shipping date of Jan 11?

I'd cancel my order and re-order from somewhere else but its not really cheaper anywhere else online (at least, not when you include free shipping)

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 05:03:21 PM »
I canceled my amazon.com order and bought in on eBay for $49.97 including shipping.
seller has a 4,500 to 3 positive/negative feedback rating for the previous 12 months and says that its new in original shrink wrap.   

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »
the BoB disks I ordered off eBay came the other day in the mail and I've watched a disk or two a night for the past few days; just finished the whole series this afternoon.  Two thumbs up  :dblthumb2: