Author Topic: is this modern gaming?  (Read 26170 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: is this modern gaming?
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 08:27:57 AM »
This is a much different experience from cod. Maps are huge. There is a lot going on. Pace is a little slower but that's due to the distances. Much more "real" in some aspects than cod...going in and out of crouch or prone, for example. However not when sniping with a scope...it is perfectly still. I played a few maps last night and need to learn those first. I also like that at least at the server I played there was no one or two players that racked a huge number of kills...30 is the most I saw I think.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2015, 08:29:17 AM »
Oh, I think it is important to say that I played domination
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2015, 12:25:50 PM »
Play conquest.  That's the main game mode that I play 98% of the time.  And pace of the game will vary depending on the number of players, map, and game mode.  You can get some VERY fast paced games.  There is a server that does 24/7 pistol and knife on Operation Locker that I play sometimes that usually has 64 players and it's non-stop.

And you will get some rounds where some players have a large number of kills in comparison.  Also keep in mind that if you get revived you won't get a death.  It helps to play in decent squads.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2015, 12:26:57 PM »
What is your name in there?  Friend request me so I can find you: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/ober0330/stats/343899560/pc/

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2015, 04:41:44 PM »
I will.

Also, this takes more processing power than COD. I'm running everything on LOW and still have a super shitty fps.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2015, 04:56:19 PM »
Yeah... BF4 is a resource hog... but when you have enough power to run it it is fuckin beautiful.  :)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 05:46:05 PM »
I don't :( I'm using my work laptop because my home PC sucks even more.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 07:54:19 PM »
Sounds like it is time for an upgrade

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »
Oh damn!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »
I'm still trying to learn this game. It is much different than COD. The maps are fucking gorgeous. It is insane. And I love the fact you can pretty much destroy everything in them. I love this game and am sorry I did not try it out earlier. The only confusing part is managing the load out and the briefcases and shit like that. I still don't get it.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2015, 06:03:12 PM »
I'm still trying to learn this game. It is much different than COD. The maps are fucking gorgeous. It is insane. And I love the fact you can pretty much destroy everything in them. I love this game and am sorry I did not try it out earlier. The only confusing part is managing the load out and the briefcases and shit like that. I still don't get it.

Yayyy big boy gaming!   :nana:

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2015, 10:21:08 AM »
The only confusing part is managing the load out and the briefcases and shit like that. I still don't get it.
Have a specific question?  Your loadout is just what the soldier class is carrying.  You get a primary and secondary weapon (usually a rifle and a sidearm), 2 additional slots for things like med packs and defib paddles (or rocket launcher/repair tool), and then a grenade slot.  Plus you have a spec you can choose too.  You have to unlock options for each class as well.

The briefcases are just bonuses that you get when you level up your soldier (point based) or level up a weapon (for every 100 kills).  The briefcases will have point boosts or weapon unlocks (scopes, grips, etc.) or stuff to customize your emblem.

bf4stats.com shows some of the class unlocks better than Battlelog does.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »
Oh, and if you have any questions about guns, let me know.  I've spent an obscene amount of time researching the best weapons.

Assault: m416 (you almost have it unlocked)
Engineer: AK-5C (you have that one already) or MPX (requires dragon's teeth)
Support: u100-mk5 (you have this already)
Recon: m40A5 (almost unlocked) until you get the SRR61
Pistol: P226 until you unlock the G18

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »
Sorry, one more thing... the point boosts!  USE THEM!  Hit Escape while in the game and choose one in the lower right.  You'll get tons of extra points and rank up faster.  I didn't realize they were there until I hit like rank 60 or something.