Author Topic: Kindle Users  (Read 8323 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Kindle Users
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 12:44:47 AM »
I created a monster. Ashley wants the Fire now. So does Hayden, but he isn't getting a fucking fire. The entire point is because he needs to read more and likes gadgets and there are tons of free kids books and comics. Apparently his aunt has one and Ashley mentioned while using mine that we are going to get him the same one. He says "I want the fire like aunt whateverthefuckhernameis because it has games and the internet blah blah blah."

So i tell him no he has plenty of useless brainless things that do that. You know what he says? "Can I at least have an iPad then?".

This kid has a seriously warped view of life. He can have an iPad as soon as he buys one lol.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 09:57:24 PM »
dude, he is seven!!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »
And your point is? I had manners and respect at his age and most kids around here do as well. No reason he cant.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »
Dude...He's 7 and hasn't grown up with manners being a common thing...model it (including being polite to him) and he'll learn.....Besides - every 7 year old wants a tablet....

And trust me - you weren't polite ;)
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
I was till i was a teenager, which is when being an ass is expected.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 04:46:28 AM »
Man I love my mom, this thing is the greatest gift in the world. I have been flying through books with nothing else to do, and I have a 9 hour hospital day coming up that will be filled with painful sitting around. I know the Kindle will add some serious comfort level.

One thing Amazon does with these devices that blows my mind in a negative way is putting such limitations on collection management. I use Calibre to manage my books, but Amazon doesn't allow us as consumers to manage collections and sync them, you can only manage them on the device which is a PITA unless you have a touch or keyboard. From Calibre:

Neither the Kindle nor the Nook provide any way to manipulate collections over a USB connection. If you really care about using collections, I would urge you to sell your Kindle/Nook and get a SONY. Only SONY seems to understand that life is too short to be entering collections one by one on an e-ink screen :)

Note that in the case of the Kindle, there is a way to manipulate collections via USB, but it requires that the Kindle be rebooted every time it is disconnected from the computer, for the changes to the collections to be recognized. As such, it is unlikely that any calibre developers will ever feel motivated enough to support it. There is however, a calibre plugin that allows you to create collections on your Kindle from the calibre metadata. It is available from here.

Note Amazon have removed the ability to manipulate collections completely in their newer models, like the Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire, making even the above plugin useless. If you really want the ability to manage collections on your Kindle via a USB connection, we encourage you to complain to Amazon about it, or get a reader where this is supported, like the SONY Readers.