Author Topic: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!  (Read 79499 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2009, 12:42:58 PM »
Fuck advil dude use icy hot. They even make the unscented kind if that's your hangup. Got to be the greatest invention ever
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »
Leg day again today - Calf Raise,  Squat, Leg Press, Incline Leg Press, Prone Leg Curls

Oh god, my legs

edit: My log for the day.  Numbers are still pretty low because I'm focusing entirely on form and still getting my muscles used to moving shit again.  My squat is embarassing

Calf Raise   3x6x90   way more weight
Squat   3x8x135   more weight
Leg Press   2x8x250   more weight
Incline Leg Press   2x8x250   more weight
Prone Leg Curl   2x8x130   good weight

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2009, 01:48:51 AM »
Going to the gym is always embarrassing. I hate watching guys put more weight over their head 20 times than I can even lift off the ground.

In other news, I remembered how much I hate the treadmill today and decided to try out one of those stair-steppers for the first time. Took me a minute of looking like a moron before I figured it out ("why do the steps keep going to the floor!?"), and then I realized it's a lot harder than it looks

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2009, 07:30:50 AM »
> I hate watching guys put more weight over their head 20 times than I can even lift off the ground.

Ignore those dudes - they're probably ignoring you.  I'm just pissed because I used to be able to squat twice that not too long ago

> then I realized it's a lot harder than it looks

I tried one of those for the first time the other day.  It was weird, and yeah, harder than I expected.  I was afraid to do too much because the backs of the machines in my gym (the part you'd fall off it you fell) open up into a nice 20' fall onto the front desk.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
I ran a mile and a half today.  I am fat as shit.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
I ran a mile and a half today.  I am fat as shit.
If you're talking about my shit, then holy fuck you are fat.

But you're probably about 6'10", too, so I'm sure you don't look too bad.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Fuck advil dude use icy hot. They even make the unscented kind if that's your hangup. Got to be the greatest invention ever

wow major typo. Fuck icy hot, what was i thinking. I meant to say Bio Freeze
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Lifting slightly less weight for more reps increases hypertrophy, which makes muscles bigger.  Lifting heavier weight for less reps increases general strength.  I don't believe either of them are "better" for weight loss, which is mostly a function of diet.  If you're lifting at a high intensity and not eating like a retard, you'll lose weight.

The "light weight & lots of reps = weight loss" thing and "heavy weight & few reps = BULK BRO" isn't backwards, it's completely wrong.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
+1

Although, I have to be honest.  I think I'm part of the small percentage of women that has a tendency to "bulk up"easier.  Or maybe I'm not comparing myself to the right people.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
In other news, I've been keeping track of runs/rides through dailymile: www.dailymile.com

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
> I think I'm part of the small percentage of women that has a tendency to "bulk up"easier.

Both sexes have people that seem to gain muscle quicker than others - it's just genetics

I mean, I could work out perfectly every day for 20 years and not look like Arnold Schwarzenegger

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
I benched 140lb yesterday (I weigh <130)...Less than three months ago I could barely do 105  :thumbsup:

Now I just need motivation and maybe a workout partner for the summer so I can keep progressing.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
I just worked out for the first time in months and I can't do a proper overhand pullup anymore  :(

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
OK after getting a lot of shit from people I did one