Author Topic: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!  (Read 79490 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
First 10k!!

I'd never done more than 4 miles in 37 minutes, and I set out to do the same yesterday.  But the iPod+Nike thing fucked up and would only do kilometers...so I had no idea exactly how far I'd gone - I was running a new route - about where I would have been at 4.3 miles, the stupid iPod said "4 km to go." So I kept going...

10k - 61 minutes.  WooooHooooo!
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
That's how the world counts now kermi ;)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
"4 km to go." So I kept going...

10k - 61 minutes.  WooooHooooo!

That's awesome.

stealth

• Jackass V
Picked up a new set of runners today for $99:)

http://www.asics.com.au/catalogue.asp?product=1753

I had a pair of these:

http://www.asics.com.au/catalogue.asp?product=1742

But they're now pretty old.

I just needed something to get me through the next few months prior to the wedding so I can get into shape.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »
I lifted for the first time in forever today and holy shit

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2008, 12:24:05 AM »
I'm going on a 5 mile run in the morning
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

stealth

• Jackass V
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2008, 01:40:56 AM »
I played cricket last week for the first time in about 9 years and my shoulder was fucked for days from bowling so many overs.  I'm planning to do more running and start on weights soon - want to tone up, I'm stuck at about 85 kg's and I can't budge it so I think I'm about as low as I can get without resorting to starving or going on a fitness nazi diet.  My frame has changed up the last year or so, not out of any routine, but I think my body shape has changed.  I'm a lot broader across the chest.  The wife is also keen to start some yoga soon, so I'm up for that too.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »
Im going to the gym 3 to 4 times a week now...there must be a rush of endorphins or something going on cause it makes me feel great
i have a stationary fetish

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
woo finally have a reason to post here.

Over the past two years I've replaced muscle with fat, and three weeks ago I was at my heaviest ever! I decided to start lifting again.

This is week three, and I see big muscle gain and the strength is certainly coming back fast. I'm lifting 5 times a week - upper body only for now. Alternate workouts between chest and arms, and back and shoulders.

I precede each workout with about 10 minutes of speed bag - its a damn good warm up. Chest and arm workouts last an hour and a half and back and shoulders last an hour.

Biggest gain so far is in bench press. When I started three weeks ago I was lifting with 115lb - I'm up to lifting 205 x 10 reps comfortably. I did not try a max yet, as I don't have a spotter (I work out in my garage/pics to come soon) - but my buddy is coming over this week and I am interested in how much I can lift. At my peak, about six years ago, my max was 385.

My concentration curls have big gains too. I started with 20lbs x10 x3 and now I'm up to 35lbs x12 x3.

Let me tell you, IT FEELS GREAT. And it is nice to see my body react so well to this and transform rather fast. I think it will slow down significantly in another two weeks or so.

I don't know how much weight I lost - I don't weight my self...but my wife says I've lost quite a bit.

I have a little help by getting a boost in energy by drinking a creatine mix 45 minutes before I lift. It tastes like shit but it works (I've used it in the past and highly recommend it). Drink a lot of water though - daily recommendation is 120oz. I'll continue the creatine cycle for another three weeks.

Hopefully as the weather gets nicer I will do more cardio - biking or playing ball.

but so far so good! :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
oooh, and as far as my diet, it didn't change a whole bunch. I've made two significant changes: smaller portions, more times a day and no soda!

I eat at 7:30am, 10:30-11, 1-1:30, 4:30-5, and 10 - didn't change what I eat much - except that I try to eat more protein; still have junk food (like taco bell today) and some sweets (cut back on those too though).

I used to drink about three cans of pepsi - now I drink mostly water or juice.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Still going strong. I missed yesterday's workout (fell asleep way early) but I put in an extra half hour today. The creatine is really exposing veins in my arms and chest.

Sunday I will try maxing out on the bench press - I hope I can at least do 250.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
one drawback from drinking 120+oz of water a day: you pee (wash) out a lot of minerals from your body, one of which is potassium. Two nights ago I had really bad muscle cramps in both of thighs. The pain was really freakin bad - worse I've ever had it. I literally fell from the bed. That same morning I ate three bananas and we had broccoli for dinner - tonight everything was OK :)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Dang, that's quite a gain.  Good job.  If you're doing 10 reps at 205, I don't think 250 is an unreasonable goal.  The only thing I would be careful about is lifting 5 times a week, since as you start pushing more it'll get harder for your body to recover.  Even the most we do is 4 times a week.

I just came back from a basically 3 weeks off of lifting (we tapered down for two weeks and then had break) and I can tell you that front squatting 135 lbs 8x4 is not very fun after cleans.  :(

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
I've kind of plateaued now. I'm trying to increase reps however, and that seems to be working.

Lifting 5 times a week is ambitious, but so far my body is reacting good to it, and as long as I recover as I have been thus far, I'll continue doing it (I think creatine helps A LOT in this aspect). I've never worked out as hard as I do now. In the past it was max 4 times a week. But I have a lot of catching up now!! I really want to get back in shape before the baby is born :)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
I have to admit, as amazing as it is how quickly your body can get weak, it's even more amazing how fast your body can gain back.  Tuesday, my squats went up to 155, and I could still walk today.