Author Topic: Hunger Games  (Read 4194 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Hunger Games
« on: March 23, 2015, 01:18:49 PM »
Anyone else watching these movies?
I mean, I know they're kinda geared towards the twilight audience, but its a guilty pleasure.  I really enjoyed the first 2 films and watched the 3rd one via redbox last night.  Looking forward to the final installment when it comes out this fall (though, I probably won't see it until its on DVD a year from now)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Hunger Games
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 02:41:30 PM »
I've watched them.  Good films with a so-so story

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 02:46:45 PM »
1 I thought was kind of awful.

2 was okay.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:17:25 PM »
I read the books and by the last one I was just reading to finish (super easy read) without really enjoying it. I'm liking the movies more than the books. I don't really think the movies are meant for the twilight crowd at all, though.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 03:47:36 PM »
I read the books and by the last one I was just reading to finish (super easy read) without really enjoying it. I'm liking the movies more than the books. I don't really think the movies are meant for the twilight crowd at all, though.

Yeah that.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 04:08:57 PM »

Yeah that.

+1

and on the movies: 1 was awesome, 2 was cool, 3 was blah - it dragged out too long, they should have not split it into two.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 09:06:03 AM »
I read the books.  I enjoyed them a lot - I think I first picked them up within a week of book 3 coming out, and I read them straight through.  I saw the first movie twice, it was alright.  Haven't seen the other(s).
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
You guys really thought the movies were better than the books?  Wow.  That kind of blows my mind.  I thought the books were excellent and the movies left out some huge bits of information.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 03:12:44 PM »
I think I just got tired of the books as I got closer to the end. The movies are shorter and so they move more briskly through the story and past the stuff that was uninteresting. I don't *love* the movies, I just think the material after book 1 works better in a 2 hour format rather than the ~3 hours it took to read.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »
You guys really thought the movies were better than the books?  Wow.  That kind of blows my mind.  I thought the books were excellent and the movies left out some huge bits of information.

I hated her far less in the movies. 

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »

He's a smart wookie.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »
Book 2 was clearly the best of the 3.  The 3rd book had trouble holding my attention but overall it was a great series. 

Knuck, you hated Katniss in the books?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 05:25:38 AM »
Yup.  Pretty ungrateful bitch.  The real heroine was her sister IMO.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 07:26:00 AM »
Agree on book 3 Obes.  Knuck, you're crazy, they can both be heroes.  Ungrateful though?  Because she traumatized into being scared/conflicted about love?  That's harsh.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 08:34:55 AM »
Yup.  Pretty ungrateful bitch.  The real heroine was her sister IMO.
fucking spoilers man!