Author Topic: Amazon Cloud Player Homemade API  (Read 2830 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Amazon Cloud Player Homemade API
« on: April 17, 2014, 04:09:46 PM »
So I use the amazon.com cloud music service and have about 4,000 songs in it.  Some of them our uncatagorized mp3's I've had since college (like 15 years ago) and some are from my wife's old laptop that I broke years ago -- there were well over 1,500 tracks that were listed as "unknown artists" and/or "unknown album" and there were a couple hundred songs that didn't even have a title because I tried to port them out of iTunes the wrong way and so they're just called "RBPD.mp4" or whatever.

Amazon has a feature that, if you right click on a track and click "edit" and it recognizes the song, will provide you with a button that will let you have amazon figure out all the track information.  This was really helpful because many of my misidentified songs could be updated this way.  Problem is that its a long and tedious process for hundreds and hundreds of songs.

Then I wrote this:  https://github.com/micah1701/ACP-API

My own PHP-based API.  With this, I can programmatically view all the meta data about every track.  I figured out that the tracks that amazon has info on have an "ASIN" value so I was able to make a playlist of songs that are marked as "unknown" but do have an ASIN.  Then I was able to make my wife here own playlist of just her 950+ songs that used to be on her old iPod.  (because the meta data for each track tells you its original file path on the device it was uploaded from)

Anyway, just thought I'd share because I think its pretty sweet.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."