Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

making your bed

(1/3) > >>

Jake:
In a couple of his update posts, micah mentioned "making a bed" and changing sheets regularly. I found that odd, but perhaps it is not odd at all! Do you guys make your bed everyday - for me, it is just part of getting up. Really, it takes like less than 15 seconds! I don't think I was always this disciplined, but I've been doing it regularly since at least high school.

My wife changes sheets in the house and she does it every 2 or 3 weeks or as needed. How often "should" you do it?

Mike:
My wife gets up after I do.  But, we don't make the bed like I did in the military (all tucked in).  Instead we just pull the sheets and covers up to the pillows.  If we are having guests over we'll do a nicer job tucking.

Interestingly enough, there is some talk that immediately making a bed traps in heat that could allow a more favorable environment for organisms.  Feels like if you are changing the sheets as needed it shouldn't be much of a problem.

We changes sheets about every 2-3 weeks which seems fine to me.

hans:
All I heard was never make the bed, it's better for hygiene.

ober:
I've heard the 'don't make the bed' thing before.  I'm typically up first but we make the bed most of the time.  We wash the sheets probably once a week or every other week.

Jake:

--- Quote from: Mike on July 18, 2019, 01:35:20 PM ---My wife gets up after I do.  But, we don't make the bed like I did in the military (all tucked in).  Instead we just pull the sheets and covers up to the pillows.  If we are having guests over we'll do a nicer job tucking.

--- End quote ---

that's what we do as well.

--- Quote from: ober on July 18, 2019, 04:21:45 PM ---I've heard the 'don't make the bed' thing before. 

--- End quote ---

Yeah, neither have I. Might be one of those things a lazy person would come up with to justify not making a bed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version