Author Topic: Hands down coolest alarm clock I've ever had  (Read 7114 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Hands down coolest alarm clock I've ever had
« on: January 21, 2014, 02:22:45 PM »
So I'm kinda picky about alarm clocks.  I've had several over the years and I have a few requirements:

1) Has to have red numbers (reduces the amount of light in the room)
2) Has to be easy to set and change settings
3) Must have ability to wake to radio

The third one is easy... the first two are apparently a fucking challenge.  But my wife is amazing and found me the coolest alarm clock I've ever had and got it for me for Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/Magnasonic-MAG-MM178K-Projection-Activated-Temperature/dp/B0056IBBO0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1390331713&sr=8-6&keywords=projection+alarm+clock

I never thought I'd like an alarm clock that projected the time, but I find to be pretty fucking cool.  The display itself is bright with white letters but that can be turned off and the time projects on the ceiling in red numbers.  No more turning my head or leaning over to see what time it is.  I sleep on my back and when I do wake up, I just open my eyes and TADA!  TIME!

And what's even cooler?  I get to be a fucking jedi!!!!  It has motion sensors on the top.  So when the alarm goes off in the morning, no more fumbling for fucking buttons.  Just reach out and fucking WAVE generally above it and it shuts the fuck up!  YES!  The motion sensor can also be used to quickly view what the alarm is set for before going to bed if you're OCD and need to check that every night or if you change your alarm a lot.  It also has 2 alarms (which most of mine have had) to have one for weekends and one for weekdays or whatever schedule you want to set.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.  I don't mean to get so excited over an alarm clock, but I dig it.  :)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Hands down coolest alarm clock I've ever had
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:24:58 PM »
That sounds pretty cool.

Although the first thing I thought of with the time projected on the ceiling is the insomniac waking up at all hours just staring at it as the minutes tick by painfully slowly.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »
The projection thing is useless to me, as a side sleeper.

I like big bright numbers.  I could sleep in a solar flare tho...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 09:15:46 PM »
The nice thing about this clock is that the projector rotates so you could turn it to the side and project it on a side wall if you want or really anywhere.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:38:56 AM »
When my wife and I started dating, she had a projection alarm clock and I thought it was the dumbest thing ever.  Now I don't know how I survived without one, it's the best.  I'm also a side sleeper, but if I'm awake enough to care about the time, I usually have the energy to glance at the ceiling.

I hate hate hate going to hotels and trying to figure out their alarm clocks.  Some of them aren't even backlit, so you can't read the damn things at night!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 09:06:20 AM »
I always use my phone in hotel rooms for that exact reason.  A simple alarm clock app does the job quite well.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 09:25:52 AM »
I do the same.  It's still irritating sometimes.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
I always use my phone in hotel rooms for that exact reason.  A simple alarm clock app does the job quite well.

I just use the built in clock app.  What does the alarm clock app do that the built in app doesn't do?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »
I don't see how the built in app displays the actual time in a large format.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 01:07:55 PM »
Ok, yeah it doesn't do that.  I just set the alarm but don't need to actually see the time after that.  For me seeing the time is often a bad thing as I either fall asleep fast or take forever to fall asleep.  If I could see the time it'd just be mocking me.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »
Mine does when it's plugged into a charger.  Maybe yall need blackberries

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 01:36:03 PM »
Fuck that noise.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 01:45:04 PM »
no it's cool it's got word mole and a 3.2MP camera! Also, if you leave it on your desk and walk out of the room, it rings EVERY TIME!

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »
lol.

I have just been using my phone these days, but perhaps something else would be better...My standard is a no frills red numbered clock radio that is placed on a dressor or something on the other side of my room from my bed and is set 10 minutes fast, and then one with unlit numbers that goes on my bed.  The radio goes off 10 minutes before the buzzer goes off right by my head....Maybe I should go back to that...Be nice not to have to light up my phone, but I really have enjoyed keeping my bedroom as simple as possible...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]