Author Topic: AC/DC  (Read 11081 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
AC/DC
« on: April 23, 2005, 11:06:39 PM »
I was listening to the "AC/DC Live" album like I often do from time to time and just thought I'd post the comment that I think they're one of the best bands ever. There's something to be said for the classic three chord rock and roll. I mean you just can't help it but crank up the stereo when "you shook me all night long" comes on the radio.

Maybe it's just that I've missed playing my electric guitars for a while and the sound of good old fashion distortion sounds sweet to me.

Excuse me while I go get crank up my amp.
This signature intentionally left blank.

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
AC/DC
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 04:15:33 AM »
Angus Young is the blues scale.  His playing is very economic, not one note wasted even when he's wailing.  And his rig is pretty basic too, pretty much his Gibson straight into a Marshall stack and that's it, with very little distortion.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
AC/DC
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 04:37:22 AM »
Hmmmm. Long time since I've listened to AC/DC. *goes off to listen to AC/DC*

imperito

• Jackass I
AC/DC
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 10:01:22 PM »
Last time I remember is when my roommates were watching the Vatican coverage, when the bells were ringing but no one came out yet, and decided we wanted to hear Hells Bells.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
AC/DC
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 10:11:44 PM »
I always get the intro to that confused with For Whom the Bell Tolls until the guitar kicks in for whatever song it actually is.