Author Topic: What do you do once your band has sold out to the max and your music turned shitty?  (Read 10756 times)

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
i have a stationary fetish

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
What do you do once your band has sold out to the max and your music turned shitty?

post about it in an internet forum? :D

i was never a fan of either burger king or slipknot so i'm not too unhappy. I think the burger king commercials disgrace rock in general though. they're just so annoying, and the idea that a band would make songs about how much they liked burger king is silly

slipknot may have been somewhat popular in the midwest for some-odd years before they became famous, but they're just another nu metal group to me. you could say that they're the blink 182 of nu metal.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
I haven't seen the commercial but it looks like a lame attempt at some publicity for the backstreet boys of metal.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
No one knows, ethic.

I saw one of those commercials.  The first thing that popped into my mind (besides "this commercial is terrible) was that thinking that they looked like Slipknot.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
they look more like Gwar
i have a stationary fetish

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
I was into the 'knot, back when their first album/ep whatever came out.  But then again I was into Korn, so what did I know! Heavy metal is for guys who aren't getting laid and snack on Burger King as a consequence.  So this whole thing makes perfect sense.

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
I hope they both sue each-other out of existence. How great would that be? No more cringe-worthy music from Slipknot, no more gut-busting food from BK...everybody wins.