Entertainment & Artistry > Music

What's everyone listening to nowadays?

(1/2) > >>

micah:
I generally get chuckled at for my taste in generic pop music  - lately I've been listening to a lot stuff like Alessia Cara, Hailee Steinfeld, Selena Gomez - something about solo female vocals over a moody backing or light-electronica is really appealing.  I'm usually pretty behind the curve on finding new artists but lately I've been hearing some that I am really digging, like, Bea Miller and my new favorite Astrid S (http://astridsofficial.com/#video)

So what's everyone else into these days? 

ober:
My hit list on YouTube has:

I Prevail - Scars
I Prevail - Alone
A star wars theme dubstep remix
Foster the people - sit next to me
Red - Gone
Bad Wolves - Zombie
Breaking Benjamin - Red Cold River

I also listen to Watsky, Karmin, and Childish Gambino but no particular songs.

Mike:
Depends on when I'm listening.

At work I shuffle through the following Pandora stations:
[*] Hans Zimmer
[*] Two Steps From Hell Radio
[*] Film Scores Radio

In the car its 90s alternative, 80s rock, modern alternative, rock, or classical.

charlie:

--- Quote from: micah on March 02, 2018, 12:46:10 AM ---I generally get chuckled at for my taste in generic pop music  - lately I've been listening to a lot stuff like Alessia Cara, Hailee Steinfeld, Selena Gomez - something about solo female vocals over a moody backing or light-electronica is really appealing.

--- End quote ---

I don't know what a moody backing or light-electronica is but otherwise this is also me.

When I have time to hunt and poke around sometimes I find hip hop and rap that lasts for a while on my playlists (over recent years that has included Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino).

Otherwise I tend to listen to playlists I've built up of old songs I already know. I've got a list of "diner" music from the 50s/60s, one for alternative rock from the 90s, another with hip hop from the 90s and 00s, and my favorite- soft rock from the late 70s and 80s.

ober:
Speaking of Drake... Youtube randomly played that new song 'God's plan' the other night and I actually watched the video.  That shit nearly brought me to tears.  It's so nice to see someone doing so much good with the money they make.  That shit just gets me.  I swear if I ever really hit it big, I want to give back to the less fortunate. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version