Author Topic: "Global Warming is a Sham"  (Read 2027 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
"Global Warming is a Sham"
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »
Global Warming is a sham
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: "Global Warming is a Sham"
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:46:12 PM »
if he'd said "Man-made Global Warming is a sham" would you still have called him an idiot?

I'm just wondering; because while I agree that much evidence points to a current warming trend in this latest era of Earth's history, I think MANY MANY MANY people are beginning to see that the theory that this warming is due to anything that mankind has done is ridiculous.    The planet, in its millions of years of history, fluctuates in average temperature widely due to countless reasons, many still unknown.  From solar flares to volcanic activity; there are forces effecting this planet much more powerful than all the result of human history.

While a blanket statement like "Global Warming is a Sham" may sounds short-sided, I don't think its fare to call anyone an idiot for listening to the reason in their head that doubts that burning coal, driving a car with bad gas mileage or using "old fashion" light bulbs can somehow effect our planet's climate in any sizable way.

Just saying.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »
I hate this subject. So much bullshit on both sides of the argument. Any subject that gets stupid people so passionate is well worth avoiding. It's all I hear about: on the news, in the papers coming out of politician's mouths.

Cant we just talk about boobs or argue about rap music?

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »
There's no boobs in that video...not in the sense I was talking about anyway

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 06:36:20 PM »
I didn't start the thread, it was started from a post i made. And Charlie's right, to say it man caused it is asinine.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 07:16:32 PM »
I'll give you number two, but on number one i choose to ignore you.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 04:01:48 AM »
I'm just wondering; because while I agree that much evidence points to a current warming trend in this latest era of Earth's history, I think MANY MANY MANY people are beginning to see that the theory that this warming is due to anything that mankind has done is ridiculous.
Based on what evidence exactly?

The planet, in its millions of years of history, fluctuates in average temperature widely due to countless reasons, many still unknown.  From solar flares to volcanic activity; there are forces effecting this planet much more powerful than all the result of human history.
And most of the reasons have been considered and studied for decades, and the conclusion is still that we're a major cause of global warming.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 09:19:44 AM »
I really do not think it is a sham. 

incognito

• In the Abis
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »
A friend of mine asked me a question that got me thinking.
You know how you see those commercials with polar bears and the melting ice, then they ask you to send money to save the bears.
How's that going to help? Are they going to buy more ice for the bears?

do they just need money for the lobbyists?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 11:12:05 AM »
They are going to the gas station and stocking up on the bags of ice with polar bears on them

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:29 AM »
ethic - I think that was the most passionate post on a "serious" topic I've ever seen you write...wow...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own