Author Topic: 3D Printed guns....future problem?  (Read 4483 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: 3D Printed guns....future problem?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »
Ill explain my position later im at soccer on my phone

thanks for keeping us posted. I was afraid you would leave us hanging for too long as I feverishly checked back the forum every five minutes looking for your reply. But now I can go home comfortably, knowing that you will get back to us shortly with your reply. wheeeew. What a relief.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 09:05:52 PM »
Economically it's a disaster for everyone except the printing business. Some advances in technology are not good.

I don't understand why this is an economic problem.  It means the product will be made more efficiently.  That's good for the economy.  It could be bad for current manufacturing companies...but that's the way a free market works.  The telephone was disastrous for telegraph companies.  Air travel was a disaster for passenger oceananic shipping industry.  The internet (long term), isn't going to do the cable TV industry any favors.  Woolworth's destroyed the corner store, and WalMart destroyed Woolworth's.  That's what disruptive technologies and business models do...

From a gun control standpoint...yea, I have some concerns....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 09:44:44 PM »
Efficency frees resources to be used for other things...that's the way a free market works....that's how our economy has grown so much. Can you imagine life without mechanized farming for example? We'd still have people picking cotton by hand and plowing fields by horse....and mining coal through completely dangerous strip mining....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 11:17:35 PM »
There are no other things to use telegraphs or pony express companies for either. Or film camera's for that matter (thus why Kodak is in such financial trouble right now).  Should we really block innovation just so older companies don't go out of business? If we did that, we'd never get any of the new companies that contribute large amounts of money and jobs thanks to their innovations.

Seriously - Walmart innovated by having large rural stores. That was such a success woolworth's went down and Walmart became one of the biggest companies in the country. That's the way the market works...

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 11:38:13 PM »
Lol i made brownies.from scratch last week
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:27 AM »
Lol i made brownies.from scratch last week

Are you high on your meds again?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 07:45:57 AM »
And drunk. The meds werent cutting it
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »
Good solution.  Very...sustainable. 

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 01:09:25 PM »
I want a printer that can print a nice rum n coke.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
I want a printer that can print a nice rum n coke.
+10

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 03:00:49 PM »
Good solution.  Very...sustainable. 

I am out of pain pills, only have a limited number of nerve medication left. Wont see a doc for another two weeks. Pain lakes you desprate.

I havent forgot bout the thread just havent been on my computer yet

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 03:24:18 PM »
Ill explain my position later im at soccer on my phone

thanks for keeping us posted. I was afraid you would leave us hanging for too long as I feverishly checked back the forum every five minutes looking for your reply. But now I can go home comfortably, knowing that you will get back to us shortly with your reply. wheeeew. What a relief.

:emot-nyd:  :D

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org