Author Topic: 2 awful weekends... can we go for 3!?  (Read 1588 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
2 awful weekends... can we go for 3!?
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »
So I already posted about last weekend and that mess.  This weekend was going ok.  I was still sick, but getting better.  Then my wife even let me sleep in Sunday morning... then when she does come to wake me up, she's like... I hate to wake you up this way... buuuut....

Somehow we got water in the basement under the only room that had carpet.  So I spent most of Sunday morning, still kinda sick and cloudy headed cutting up, rolling up, and carrying nasty wet carpet to the garage.  Then ripping the tack strips out of the concrete... fun.  Then a few more hours out shopping trying to figure out what to put down.  We ended up buying more of that foam anti-fatigue stuff (already had a bunch of the colored stuff for the kids down there).  My wife is awesome and spent most of the day today putting it down and cutting it to fit.  She's awesome.

Still... what a nightmare.  Sometimes owning a house fucking blows.   :suicide2:

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: 2 awful weekends... can we go for 3!?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »
That sucks Obes....but your wife...wow!
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »
that does suck Ober :( and yes, owning a house can suck at times, but just think about dealing with shitty neighbors across the hall.

I am also lucky enough to have a wife that does stuff like that. We work very well together, because she knows I hate doing detailed stuff, and she is good at it. I can't think of an example right now, but I'll post one later.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
That's great,,,.btw ones - how you feel?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:03 PM »
Assuming that was a typo... I feel better now, thanks :)

She really is awesome and I'm lucky.  I don't mind doing the detail work and I'm actually decent at it.  She just did it today between kids, laundry, getting Sophie on/off the bus, and a hundred other things she did... and she had an awesome dinner ready when I got home.  Did I mention she rocks?  ;)

It's almost to a fault though.  She moved a bunch of heavy shit back into the room when she was done that she should have waited for me on.  She hurt her back doing it.  Apparently Colin said she should wait for me but my daughter said she was sure Sam could do it.  Don't tell my wife she can't do something, especially if she's challenged that 'Daddy can do it easier cuz he's stronger'.  LOL

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 11:39:27 PM »
Your wife is my dream woman
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 06:12:06 AM »
Where'd the water come from?  Leak or rain?  Is it just going to do it again?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 11:30:41 AM »
Not sure... we power-washed the front porch and based on where the majority of the water was, it was likely that.  So there is probably a weak spot on the porch somewhere.  It didn't really rain a ton this weekend and if it was from the gutters it would have been more in the other corner.  I probably just won't go crazy with the water on the porch anymore, and probably try to look for a leak around the porch... not sure how though without ripping apart the siding.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »
We had to have our siding pulled near the TV. We had a spot open up into the top of the window right through the siding. 

Boo!

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 03:12:55 PM »
You may not even have a leak per say. depending on the tip you had on the blaster its not hard for streams shooting between decking or gaps to get behind siding. Also it could be coming through the brick wall under the ground if there is a crack.

Easier than siding would be to locate the area in the room that seemed the most saturated and make a 3ft x 3ft exploratory cut in the drywall. If you recall i grew up with my dads basement constantly flooding.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »
My weekend puts yours to shame and then some...  :rolleyes:
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 12:29:17 AM »
Yeah it does.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 05:02:45 AM »
You win beta....big time...