Author Topic: pool table  (Read 1535 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
pool table
« on: July 25, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »
so we bought a pool table from my neighbor. Unfortunately we had to disassemble it almost completely in order to bring it across the street and into our basement. I never knew that a pool table uses that much slate - I thought it couldn't weight more than 300 pounds; turns out that each of the three pieces of slate was 200lbs! :wtf: taking apart the slate meant tearing of the felt - so now, I need to refelt it. Does anyone here have any experience with that? I looked online and it does not look too difficult. What kind of felt should I buy?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: pool table
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:57:26 AM »
mink

yeah no idea but I just think the idea of playing on mink felt (does that even exist) would be kinda humorous

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 10:26:20 AM »
Better tables have thicker slate, thus much heavier (and a pain to move).

I'd have your table professionally setup (felted and leveled). I don't think it should cost more than a couple hundred. You could probably do it yourself and live with it, but having it done will be much quicker and provide better results.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 10:57:51 AM »
Dont do it yourself, trust me just pay the professionals to do it. The type and brand of felt is going to depend on your table, the professional will know.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 10:58:32 AM »
I set it up just fine and leveled it yesterday. I just got a quote for refelting it for $275 :rolleyes:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 03:27:26 PM »
My wife and I refelted it ourselves on Saturday - it wasn't very hard, just time consuming - about 3 hrs (plus she did most of the work ;) ) - had some friends over last night and it worked out great, they thought it was done professionally :D I'll post pics later.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 03:46:03 PM »
its how it lasts u have to watch out for
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 04:19:16 PM »
no,

i will not answer the question.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 04:20:32 PM »
thats a no.

pussy

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 05:29:46 PM »
Just as long as you didn't pot the brown in off the pink ;)