Author Topic: moving member data  (Read 15130 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
moving member data
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 08:46:09 AM »
The member data has all been moved, except for the Terry Tate videos which I'm currently uploading.  If anyone is still missing something (which they shouldn't be) let me know.

We can also begin to link to members folders from the front page, but I'll make a sticky about that.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
moving member data
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 11:22:50 AM »
Quote from: ober
The member data has all been moved, except for the Terry Tate videos which I'm currently uploading.  If anyone is still missing something (which they shouldn't be) let me know.

We can also begin to link to members folders from the front page, but I'll make a sticky about that.

I would just have a general index file in the root member directory and link the main page to that.  Members can add content in their own folder and then a link to their page on the root index file.

If we do this, remember all to keep a copy of your content locally as we will probably get our sites defaced from time to time.  

I think password access should be granted via PM only. (and should be changed periodically)
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
moving member data
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 11:46:44 AM »
I'm not really a fan of putting an index file in the member root, unless that is what everyone wants.  I like to go to that page and quickly see who has updated what recently.  It keeps me up to date on people's music and such.

Although, I guess I could do the same with a PHP file, and only list the ones that would like to be listed.  :dunno:

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
moving member data
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 12:23:27 PM »
Okay... however you want to do it is fine by me.  I need a link to a betazep directory.  

I am going to start a page with some of the more memorable quotes that come across these pages from time to time.  

It will be called

EntropyQuotes
~Statements Gone Down the Sink~
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
Re: moving member data
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 03:45:47 PM »
url: www.whproductions.com
user: esmembers@whproductions.com
pass: donkey

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Re: moving member data
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 06:40:28 PM »
Oh, Betazep. Wherefore art thou Betazep?

...and where's my fuckin' sammich?