Author Topic: Thinking of buying a coffee roaster  (Read 3016 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Thinking of buying a coffee roaster
« on: August 09, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »
Thought it deserved its own thread.

I drink quite a bit of coffee and I'm becoming a pretty big coffee snob. I have just about all of the brewing equipment methods, multiple grinders etc. I've been doing whole bean fresh roasted (locally) for a while now and while I was picking up some fresh beans the other day it struck me that I should look into roasting my own. I've had this idea in the back of my head for a few years that I'd like to open a coffee shop when I decide to "retire" and perhaps this might be a good thing for me to have to see if doing this sort of thing is actually worth it.

I've looked into a bunch of the low to medium cost roasters and I think I've come down to two options to pick from. The HotTop b2k version or the slightly more expensive Quest M3 roaster. There's another one out there call the Huky 500 but I think that one might be a bit trickier to acquire.

I really like the looks and such of the HotTop but I like the more manual style of the M3. I think the M3 with the HotTop cooling try would be awesome. Perhaps I could mod one up.
This signature intentionally left blank.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Thinking of buying a coffee roaster
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 04:42:24 PM »
That is a nice and stuff.  Buuuut....

Get into high end audio.  Muuuuch more satisfying.   :cool2:

:D

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 04:54:53 PM »
I already have a pair of Bose speakers.

hehehehe

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 04:55:44 PM »
Really jonesing for those Beats By Dre headphones someday too.

I'm too funny today.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »
You say something?  I though I heard...   nah.   :)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 09:06:20 AM »
http://www.geek.com/news/one-gross-trick-turns-17-beats-headphones-into-200-profit-machines-1625800/

A little added heft can go a long way toward convincing shoppers that a product is worth a few extra bucks. In the case of these headphones, just four little pieces of metal account for 30% of the total weight.

The most expensive part of the entire package? It’s the package. The manual, soft case, box, and sleeve run about $7. The speakers themselves — you know, the things they put in Beats to keep the heads ringin’ — cost less than $1 each.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 12:59:34 PM »
http://www.geek.com/news/one-gross-trick-turns-17-beats-headphones-into-200-profit-machines-1625800/

A little added heft can go a long way toward convincing shoppers that a product is worth a few extra bucks. In the case of these headphones, just four little pieces of metal account for 30% of the total weight.

The most expensive part of the entire package? It’s the package. The manual, soft case, box, and sleeve run about $7. The speakers themselves — you know, the things they put in Beats to keep the heads ringin’ — cost less than $1 each.

I'm not defending these head phones, however, the article's figures don't account for things such as logistics and marketing. Even with those included, they are still probably a huge money maker!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.