Author Topic: lemon drops  (Read 1960 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
lemon drops
« on: November 19, 2011, 05:48:57 PM »
sometime ago I said I will post some pics from the lemon flavored alcohol I make. Here they are.

3 x 750ml 96% clear alcohol
25 x lemon
sugar
honey

makes 5-6 .750ml bottles - depends on how strong you want it.

These are proportions to make the flavor the way I like it.

1. wash the lemons; many have that waxy shit on them. I usually boil some water and scold them with it. That does the trick. These lemons are rather small. If you get bigger ones it makes things a lot easier and faster.
2. slice the lemons. Some people don't like the bitter taste of the lemon skin and they peel before slicing. I like the bitter taste. large slices - half to 3/4 inch
3. Since I was using over 2 L of alcohol I used a big pot for this
4. Layer the Lemons, sugar, and honey - I really don't have specific proportions here
5. Once you have all the layers pour the alcohol; cover the vessel and place in fridge
6. The shortest amount of time I would give this is 2 days in the fridge - longer than 5 days though does not make any difference I noticed. These were in the fridge Monday through Friday.
7. squeeze out each lemon. They get kind of stiff, and that is where size matters - if these were large it would go much faster.
8. stir the contents of the pot - some honey and sugar are sitting on the bottom
9. boil lots of water
10. mix and pour - I like this to be at least 50% alcohol or more, so I typically do 300ml water to 450ml alcohol
11. now this should stay in the fridge for at least a night - but there were times in my youth when we drank it as soon as it got cold :D
12. yes, this is the real color.
13. almost forgot, when you pour the stuff into bottles make sure the bottles are super clean - again, use boiling water. Then use a strain because there are pieces of lemon floating around.
14. Since I made this batch we already drank a bottle :)
15. Grapefruit also works good here.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: lemon drops
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 05:49:32 PM »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: lemon drops
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 10:17:48 PM »
Tastey! Speaking of Lemon, I'm on deck to try some Skeeter Pee soon.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?