0 (0%)
Yahoo (fuck Yahoo)
2 (16.7%)
ESPN
0 (0%)
??
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Fantasy Football 07 - Non-keeper  (Read 47310 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Fantasy Football 07
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 03:42:16 PM »
I liked the divisions (although fleaflicker had some weird seeding tiebreaker thing that I didn't like that had to do with divisions). We'll have to see how many people sign up this year I would guess. Two divisions would work no matter what (especially now that ober has made that decision ;)).

I didn't mind the rosters the way they were last year. If we have fewer teams, then that'll help your cause, PJ. If we have 12 teams again I wouldn't mind going down a player or two on the rosters, but I don't have much of a preference on this either.

As for the keeper league, I'd certainly be up for it. The only problem is that I'm getting tired of you esink folks and I might not be around next year to participate. Either that or you're going to be stuck with me for years and so the keeper league is a :thumbsup:.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 07:44:19 PM »
OMG OMG OMG!  We're getting closer to football season!! Who Dat? Go Saints! OMG OMG OMG!

I like fleaflicker, but I wouldn't mind adjusting it to only be 10 teams to increase the number of decent players - aka last year we went out looking for people to fill, lets not do that this year.  I like the divisions too, but lets mix them up some...Oh, and what would people think about changing one the WR spots to a Flex?

I'm open to the idea of a keeper league, but if we do, I think it should be for next year.  Strategy is different at the end of the year if you are planning to keepers...plus I don't have any players worth keeping.  But for next year it'd be great. :)
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 07:54:47 PM »
Oh, and what would people think about changing one the WR spots to a Flex?

In the CProg league, yes... but I liked FleaFlicker's 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 1 Flex.

I'm open to the idea of a keeper league, but if we do, I think it should be for next year.  Strategy is different at the end of the year if you are planning to keepers...plus I don't have any players worth keeping.  But for next year it'd be great. :)

I would hope that would be a given, if it isn't, then I agree. Start with 2007, not 2006's rosters.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 08:10:56 PM »
...wait - I take back what I said about the flex...I was reading my last yr's roster so it looked like we had 2 RB/3WR/1TE.  The current setup is perfect...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 10:07:39 PM »
I would hope that would be a given, if it isn't, then I agree. Start with 2007, not 2006's rosters.
Yeah, definitely.  It'd be retarded to keep lineups the same without saying "hey it's a keeper league" ahead of time.  Besides, I'm not sure anyone has any players on their teams.

I'm all for cutting down to 10, but does anyone mind if I grab one person from off the board?  We've done FF together for years and have always talked about doing a keeper league.

Also, anyone who's willing, the cprog league is up for grabs.  I don't have the patience to deal with the people there anymore, so if anyone wants to run it, go to town.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 11:27:16 PM »
dangit, no cp league?  then we need 2 esink leagues!  Grumble, maybe I'll have to run that one...

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 02:52:40 AM »
Wasn't the CProg league like 90% esink people anyway? (Looked it up, 7/8 were in this league also and I don't remember/recognize the 8th.)

I guess it would be nice to have a second, non-keeper league from CProg so that any newish people from there can join. I'd play if we did one. It's not hard to set up either, just keep the settings from last year except change a WR to flex.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 06:57:55 AM »
And switching it to fleaflicker maybe.  Live scoring is nice....

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »
I won't be doing the cprog league this year. 

And I was just playing with the divisions, Charlie.  I just wanted to show that it can be switched up however we want.  I'd also be for keeping it to 10 teams and I have no problem with Cheez grabbing an "off-board" person.  I'm also down with a keeper league if everyone else agrees.

Did I answer all the questions?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
Weird, they've automatically generated an 07 schedule for us already

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »
It did that when I modified the divisions yesterday.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 11:30:33 AM »
I agree with everything ober said.  Has fleaflicker improved it's player searching capabilities?  I remember that was one thing that annoyed me about them, although live scoring more than made up for it.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 12:09:43 PM »
Not sure about player searching capabilities... I didn't see an issue with how it was implemented.  You could login and play around with it. 

I did ask them about more news and the guy said they've added more but it's probably not quite up to par with like Yahoo, for instance.  He said they're still working on that part.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 12:26:34 PM »
What does (the free version of) Yahoo have that FF doesn't?

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »
I just remember there was no way to search for players who were hot in recent weeks, instead you had to sift through people who had a single amazing week like 2 months before. More news would be huge.

What does (the free version of) Yahoo have that FF doesn't?
Yahoo was better at player searches and had more news, everything else I think FF was equal or better.