Author Topic: SMF causes blank page  (Read 9002 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: SMF causes blank page
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 01:02:24 PM »
OH, I have no problem restarting late at night.  The user base is in the US and I've taken the board down multiple times in the past in the evening.

I was just thinking I could avoid the whole thing if I set a local php.ini file.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 01:16:39 PM »
OK, so I just created a local php.ini file with a few settings and I asked the members to do some testing.  We'll see, but I wonder if we have the same problem here because people have complained about stuff like that happening.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 07:36:59 AM »
Ok, so it's definitely the memory issue but my local php.ini file didn't affect it.  I put this in it:

memory_limit = 32M
upload_max_filesize = 8M

I'm fairly certain it's the first one that is causing the problem but I threw the second one in just for kicks.  I'm still getting the same fatal memory errors from the graphics manipulation file in the Sources doc.  Is there another memory setting I should be adjusting or is my local php.ini file just not overriding the core one?  I tried editing the core php.ini file but it's read-only and I can't chmod it.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 09:08:02 AM »
I would throw up a phpinfo file in the smf directory to see if it is being affected or not.  Can you edit the http.conf file or the conf file for whatever affects that directory?  If so you can use "php_value memory_limit = 32M" (w/o ") to override the value.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 09:35:17 AM »
Yeah, I read somewhere about adding that to the .htaccess file.  I might try that.

webwhy

• Jackass IV
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 09:56:01 AM »
yeah..mike's right.  verify you settings are taking by viewing a phpnifo().  if they're not, restart the php processes that are serving requests.  if that does't work you might be able to set the value in .htaccess or ini_set() in the code.