Author Topic: What is the proper way?  (Read 19462 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: What is the proper way?
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2008, 04:20:27 PM »
Looking at php.org though i think it should be a "2" and not a "3"
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2008, 04:32:47 PM »
In the substr?  Now it should be a 3.  You want to remove {space}"{space} at the beginning.  Email me the file that you want to import and I'll fix it up for ya.  mikemill @ gmail.com

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »
Sent, appreciate it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »
Should be coming back.  Gmail give me a weird popup so I'm hoping it got sent.  Let me know if you don't get it.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »
Oh and if you don't have a text editor that can do regular expressions get one that does.  It seriously helps A LOT

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
Got it :)

i have been using notepad tbh. What do you guys use? Most of my code gets done in Dreamweaver because i like the software for it. The whole WYSIWYG idea is gay, but for doing actual code i like the features and the layout.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2008, 05:28:48 PM »
Now heres something odd. I added a few entries to the events table with correct zip/lat/lang with the same format as the previous entry, and the search function doesnt return any matches. It works for the other zip code testing, but not this zip. Everything lines up and matches between the two db's. Man this is annoying LOL

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »
I personally use editplus.  Worth the license fee IMO.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »
I'll download that and check it out. I think i found the latest issue im running some checks now b/c there no reason the code wouldnt work so i think i did a dupe in the DB on accident.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2008, 05:56:10 PM »
No duplicates in either DB (i had index set so makes sense). I have the event data setup the same for both zip code results, yet one returns properly and the other test fails. The code obviously works, the data matches between the data bases.....why in the hell wouldnt it work?

I'm going to keep toying with it if you guys get bored let me know what you need to see and ill post it up.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2008, 09:32:02 PM »
Heres a snapshot of the zip table where the data im using to test is located, as well as a ss of the events table (i used print view since its a wide view).

What i dont get is using "33914" returns the search results as expected. Using "35004" returns nothing. Yet theres no reason that it should not. I tried re-arranging where the row is located in the zip DB and no difference. The search only goes by zipcode, lat, and lng so nothing else should matter. I dont get why the code works for one and not the other. I even deleted the "33914" entry from the events table and it still did not return the "35004" result.

The "zip" table uses "zipcode" as the primary key. The event table does not have a primary, as there may be multiple entries for each zip and/or club so i really cant define a primary.

Note that the lat/lng rounds when entered into the evnts table. BUT this doesnt seem to affect the 33914 return so why would it affect the other? In the zips table lat/lng are set varchar(20) and in the events table they are float(10,6). Perhaps i should drop the float setting on the events table and do them the same. I'm not geocoding based off either table im using fetch for that so float really isnt needed.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2008, 11:35:51 PM »
OMG... are you seriously still working on this thing?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2008, 11:56:03 PM »
Yea i know. It works, it just doesnt work right LOL. It doesnt make any goddamn sense.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »
IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE. I can arrange the data in the tables in any order, using multiple f'n zip codes and ONLY 33914 ever returns results. WHAT IN THE FUCK HOW CAN THAT BE???

jesus christ why me

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »
It's the fucking math. I need a slop factor.