Author Topic: Session w/ $_POST?  (Read 6794 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Session w/ $_POST?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 03:13:35 PM »
ooohhhhhh ok i get it. Actually i think the other header calls i used were specific with an absolute url so let me try that and see what happens
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 03:15:07 PM »
No change, same errors
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »
Just out of curiousity i dont understand something:

These errors are produced when the index redirects to process_memberlogin.php. At which time the errors produce and state that the header was already sent by process_memberlogin.php. So basically it is saying it sent headers to itsself? Shouldnt it be header already sent by index.php?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 04:15:45 PM »
Change: header("Location: index.php");

to header("Location: http://www.whateversite.com/folder/index.php");

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 04:29:42 PM »
yep i did after mikes post, it made no difference

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 06:45:57 PM »
"output started at /home/content/i/y/q/iyq2havfun/html/CM/process_memberlogin.php:1"

Correct me if im wrong but basically that is saying the process_memberlogin.php is outputting something at line 1. There is NOTHING here not even whitespace. i can even put the start_session on the very first line with only the needed space between <?php and it and it still says this. Theres no output anywhere this should flippin work, I think its just plain screwing with me.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 07:08:50 PM »
attach the file

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 07:12:30 PM »
Heres all three.

index.php - Passes user and password to process_memberlogin.php

process_memberlogin.php - Like it says. Start session, check login, apply session variable, redirect to member_home.php

member_home.php - start session. Check if session is validated. if not redirect to index.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »
You guys happen to see anything? I couldnt find an answer so i had to move on to another section for now.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 11:35:01 PM »
I dont think its the code i think there must be somthing from the old programmer lingering in the index.php file. I used the code for taking a form input and passing via session and used it in a testing scenario and it passed. so im going to go over the index with a fine tooth comb and fiure out whats up.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 12:23:22 AM »
Fixed it. It was in the php file, and i think this one can be blamed on dreamweaver. The file started on line 1 with no whitespace, but it kept kicking errors that line 1 started the output. So i coped the code, pasted into a new notepad file, saved it as php and uploaded it and viola, works great.

So i guess DW fucked it up somewhere cuz there was no WS but that was the problem. Fucking weird.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »
hmm seems nice enough. im going to use it today see how i like it.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »
I have been using phpDesigner for less then 2 hours and i just paid for it. That should tell ya something cause i dont pay for shit.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 01:01:46 PM »
bah, a good text editor, xampp, fiddler, and a browser should be all that you'd ever need