Author Topic: Ruby on Rails  (Read 7176 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Ruby on Rails
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 02:25:17 PM »
you need to do a "grant" command in the database for your user (assuming it's not root).

something like
grant all on dbname.* to user@host identified by 'password'
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 02:29:52 PM »
im pretty sure the user (lampp) is the full privlage user but ill look into it after lunch. Thnx for all the help guys, configuring the server under linux is a first time for me.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »
next time you're looking for a file try "locate <filename>" (you may have to run "updatedb" as root first, and occasionally there after).

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 03:04:51 PM »
yea i have been using the search from the menu but i remember a few really good search commands from my old learn linux 24hr book i had started to read. i should pick that back up for the shell commands.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »
Got it working. I left username blank in the database file. Then it worked. I created the db in phpmyadmin first and that didnt work so im not sure if it was a combo or the username, but im happy.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 11:05:36 AM »
Are you guys creating the templates of the site in html and just incorporating the ruby code? Or is it all donew ith RoR? dammit im going back to the book skipping ahead is f'n me up

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 11:55:59 AM »
god dammit my book is outdated. Can anyone help me find a torrent for "Agile Web Development with Rails, Third Edition"? I have 2nd and its using scaffold which is apparently now just a plugin and isnt working right with rails 2. i dont want to downgrade to follow an old material