Author Topic: BF2 is a memory hog  (Read 2705 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
BF2 is a memory hog
« on: March 16, 2006, 12:01:55 PM »
So after doing some monitoring and testing along with a friend of mine, we've determined that BF2 will eat up about as much RAM as you can throw at it.

I started to notice it when I was lagging behind him in terms of loading maps and getting into servers.  I have a hotter (performance-wise) machine than him except for the fact that he had 2GB of RAM, and I only had 1GB.

Since then I've upgraded to 2 and it's been running a lot better... despite that, he said he was monitoring his the other nite and the game alone was eating up 1.5Gb+ of RAM.  INSANE.  He said it spiked higher than that at times too. 

Add to this that we both have 256MB video cards and you can tell that this game is a goddamn resource hog like no other.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
BF2 is a memory hog
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »
BLOCKED
Access blocked

Access to web site http://www.forums.entropysink.com is blocked. It is categorised as Games.

Volvo Group provides access to a subset of web sites through its Internet services. Other web site categories are blocked.

If you need access to the requested web site in this blocked category for a work related purpose, you must request it to be accessible by sending an e-mail to internetfilter@volvo.com. Be sure to state why you need access to the web site.

You can find further information in:

Rules for internet use

:nyd:

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
BF2 is a memory hog
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 12:51:45 PM »
WHATEVA!