Author Topic: ever owned a wrangler?  (Read 13977 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: ever owned a wrangler?
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 02:12:40 PM »
The 200 is made in Canada but thank you for supporting Detroit companies anyway.

Well, Chrysler's HQ is in Auburn Hills but close enough.

I'm supporting Eminem and Dr. Dre
god bless dr dre and god bless america

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
after some discussion we agreed that we don't need two big cars. My wife now wants a smaller sedan. Since we're kind of partial to mopar, we like the new chrysler 200. they have some awesome offers going on right now like 0/72 and employee pricing.

I scheduled a test drive for tonight in this. If they don't low ball the magnum too much we will take the 200 home.

We also checked out specials and prices on: subaru legacy, hyundai sonata, vw passat and nothing really comes close to the bang for the buck of the 200.

Detroit, what?!

shit, I linked you guys to a higher end model: we're actually looking at a 4 cylinder: http://www.zeiglerchryslerdodgejeep.com/new/Chrysler/2012-Chrysler-200-ccdfc6940a0d0649007609770cb79841.htm
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »
>>supporting Eminem and Dr. Dre

LOL
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
Random, because I just bought a new wrangler 2door on Sunday. Black, soft top (I live in LA, weather is no issue) 2012. Kinda love it so far. I'd had a 2010 for a few weeks once, and the 2012s are much nicer rides.

Wait. What happened to the Audi?

Good memory. Ditched it my senior year of college after my father passed. Took his Volvo S80 instead, since it didn't suck mechanically like the Audi.

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2012, 05:18:33 PM »
after some discussion we agreed that we don't need two big cars. My wife now wants a smaller sedan. Since we're kind of partial to mopar, we like the new chrysler 200. they have some awesome offers going on right now like 0/72 and employee pricing.

I scheduled a test drive for tonight in this. If they don't low ball the magnum too much we will take the 200 home.

We also checked out specials and prices on: subaru legacy, hyundai sonata, vw passat and nothing really comes close to the bang for the buck of the 200.

Detroit, what?!

shit, I linked you guys to a higher end model: we're actually looking at a 4 cylinder: http://www.zeiglerchryslerdodgejeep.com/new/Chrysler/2012-Chrysler-200-ccdfc6940a0d0649007609770cb79841.htm

I was gonna say, that's a pricey sedan. Much more reasonable.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »
we got it tonight. Overall a very good buying experience. I'm happy/

edit: they did low ball the magnum, but I told the guy where our payment needs to be, and the next time around he came a few bucks under it. After it was all said and done, our payment was $10 more a month, but still $5 below our budget and we got an extended 7yr/100K mile bumper to bumper warranty, 12 oil changes, and a gap insurance. Before we made the deal we asked if we can take the car home to check if the tandem stroller would fit- if it did they would have a deal. It did take two tries to get that bigger sucker in, but we were successful. The car drives nice and is surprisingly big inside, even the back seats. It is loaded with more options than our BMW was a few years ago. My wife is most excited about the big screen navigation and remote start.

no wonder this chrysler dealership is rated number 4 in the nation.

Also, the price I linked to above included an employee discount rebate - it was either that or 0% APR. It was to our benefit to take out a 2.7% loan and get the rebate.

Also, woot for over 820 credit score!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:23:58 AM by Jake »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2012, 05:20:29 PM »
Good deal jake!!
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2012, 10:02:56 PM »
so its been three months and we are loving this car. Only put on about 1200 miles on it, and so far so good. Frankly, I don't have any complaints. It is relatively powerful for a four banger even with the ac on. Built in NAV is awesome for my wife - so are the live traffic updates that come with the sat. it is very roomy for a mid size sedan. I can drive it very comfortably. We put a bike rack on the trunk too :) coolest feature for me is the autostart - you can get the car nice and cool before you get into it on a day like today.

Fuel economy is meh - about 25/26 mpg city. but it sure beats the magnum!!

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2012, 10:59:06 PM »
Autostart is the shit in every season.